Volunteer Moderator

MyHealthGate.com

Hi Folks,

A good friend of mine recently started MyHealthGate.com, a community for people who are interested in a healthy lifestyle. It is a place where users can share their experiences and learn from each other. You can also find the latest news and research that relate to diet, nutrition, exercise and other everyday matters. MyHealthGate enables you to take active control of your health and achieve your wellbeing goals.

We are trying to build content on everything from diet & nutrition, exercise & fitness, mental wellness, healthy living, to alternative medicines. Please come take a look, share ideas, ask questions.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Maverick

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Cool site, Maverick! Thanks!

I was vegan for five years, vegetarian prior to that, and have been vegetarian for the last two or so, but am thinking of going back to a mostly vegan diet. Looks like there's some good info there.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi Darcy,

Glad you like the site!

Yes - there are a number of people on the forum who follow some sort of vegetarian diet. I myself am a lacto-vegetarian. I grew up on a lacto-vegetarien diet, where milk and products made with milk were a substantial part of my diet.

Today, I eat some products prepared with dairy - things like paneer and ghee (purified butter) for example. But I've opted for soy or rice based alternatives when I want to drink milk or have cheese, for example.

In all, being a vegetarient has made me very aware of what I am eating and has made me eat healthier.

maverick

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    In all, being a vegetarient has made me very aware of what I am eating and has made me eat healthier.
    Me too! It's definitely made me more aware of the variety of vegetables and fruits that I eat. I find that, after becoming vegetarian again after being vegan, I'm relying too much on (organic) cheese, and I'd like to get away from that.

Do you have any yummy recipes you'd like to share?
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi Darcy,

Here are some recipes I've posted recently:

Rice, Lentils and Vegetables (vegan).

Paneer (lacto-vegetarian).

Mexican Wedding Cookies (lacto-vegetarian).

Fruit Smoothies (vegan).

Brownies (lacto-vegetarian, very yummy, and very fattening .

YUM!!! Thanks, maverick!