Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree14Likes
  • 5 Post By Pokilani
  • 3 Post By Aeon
  • 2 Post By nimikor
  • 1 Post By Leena
  • 3 Post By Pokilani

Thread: Fanny Packs

Fanny Packs

I am no fashionista.....far from it.....so I thought I would turn to the people here....

Over the past few months, I've been reading sporadic articles stating that the "Fanny Pack" is coming back into style?

Is that true? Has anyone seen people wearing them again in their travels?
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

There were a few celebrities sporting it at the end of summer/early Fall (SJP in Chanel; Matthew McConaughey), but I don't think it's making a big comeback. MM took some teasing for it. There are some fashion statement ones out there, slung lower on the hip and slightly to the side a as a "hip pack." That said, if you want to wear one, just do it! Who cares what other people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    There were a few celebrities sporting it at the end of summer/early Fall (SJP in Chanel; Matthew McConaughey), but I don't think it's making a big comeback. MM took some teasing for it. There are some fashion statement ones out there, slung lower on the hip and slightly to the side a as a "hip pack." That said, if you want to wear one, just do it! Who cares what other people think.
    Like @Pokilani said...

Quote Originally Posted by Orangeboys View Post
    Like @Pokilani said...
    Exactly what I was thinking.

In women's fashion, they are somewhat in; I can't speak of men's fashion. Women's fanny packs are mini purses or clutches that are designed to be worn around the hip and bear little resemblance to a traditional fanny pack that I envision someone's grandma wearing to Disney. I have seen some women wear these "chic" fanny packs, but it's a part of their overall look/outfit and has less to do with functionality than style.

I think a SE as a fanny pack looks a lot better -- neither the new "chic" nor fugly as Grandma's (my opinion) -- and still has all the functionality that draws people to the fanny pack to begin with.
    currently:
    • Burnt Orange: Synapse 19 (steel), Synapse 25 (steel), Organizer Wallet, 3D COC, small and medium DOP
    • Black: Side Effect (steel), small padded OP
    • Grey or Steel: small clear OP (steel)
    want: Aeronaut 30 (black/steel), DLBP (black or steel), Synapse 25 (grey/steel), more BURNT ORANGE: OPs, keystraps, Side Effect, Ballistic Nylon, 200d Dyneema

Wait...WHAT??? The fanny pack isn't still in style ? I need to let my wife know :-)
    "I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled; the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment." - Hilarie Belloc (1870-1953)

However ..... “Not all those who wander are lost.” - J.R.R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

Well its not quite fanny packs, they are hip purses and they actually usually attach directly to your pants. So it is something like this

Name:  escape-web.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  28.0 KB
    nimikor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nimikor View Post
    Wait...WHAT??? The fanny pack isn't still in style ? I need to let my wife know :-)
    Um, you better not if you know what's good for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0