Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Uniqlo

Uniqlo

So I might have bought 3 fine gauge merino sweaters. Two v-neck and one v-cardigan for less than $70. Smalls worked for a slim fit, but I went up a size for a relaxed look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    I had dinner w/ a friend, who brought along an acquaintance. The acquaintance had on an interesting puffy jacket, and I asked about it -- came from Uniqlo. After dinner, I went there, and liked many things they had, including tiny (packable) down vests and jackets. Reasonable prices, simple designs -- I resisted, but liked plenty of what they had, and won't resist forever.

A Brit friend introduced me to Uniqlo. She says they're real popular there. Looking forward to getting my down parka from them.
    [2003] Brain Bag (w/Snake Charmer & 3 Monolith/Brain Cells)
    - [2010] Aeronaut (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/ mini-'Absolute', Cache, Clear Org wallet, S.O.S., 3D Clear & mesh cubes, Passport pouch)
    - - - Small dyneema Shopbag, packing cube shoulder bag & various TB stuff (organizers, straps, whistles, etc.)

uniqlo is my jammmmmmm. their leggings pants rule (though this year's feel a little smaller/thinner fabric than my older pairs). I have been sporting my two pair of heattech leggings pants to work for the past month+ and they're noticeably warmer than other pants.

Their supima cotton stuff is great too! I scored 3 drapey supima tees a while back on clearance-type sale for $3.90 each D:

My regular mufti "base layer" is a uniqlo polo shirt and a pair of cargos, layered as necessary depending on the weather. Their fleeces aren't bad either. I tend to buy a dozen polos every couple of years, then wash and wear them in rotation constantly until they wear out. I used to do the same sort of thing with their socks of many colours too, until my other half started buying me goats wool socks.
    A45 C/S TS N/S A30 A/W BB N/S S19 N/S P N/S CP B/S; SE W SCB C/O CQPC I,S Ri A/S 3DCC C,F TSS4 W K C TT S,N,B CC C/S PCBP S PP N QK F,C,A

In Singapore we have other 'basics' shops like this place called 'Cotton On', but I felt the prices were a ripoff for the quality. I've only bought t-shirts and jeans from Uniqlo and they are good value for $, though I wouldn't say they are super cheap. With the exception of some t-shirts bought a few years back that shrunk a whole size after their first wash (they were labelled non-shrinking), I've had no complaints. I'm looking forward to trying out that parka, lol.

(I wish LL Bean would open here!!)
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

I love Uniqlo's men's Airism underwear. They're great for travel and gym, line dry quickly, and pretty comfortable. I have been curious about the Uniqlo fleece and down jackets.

I just got one of their ultra light down vests last night after coming back from a business trip that covered both warm and cold climates. My coworker had one that he could pull out at a moments notice, and store it in his carry-on just as easily. They pack very small, so I'm just hoping that their warmth is also up to snuff.

And since I live in Japan, I've got way too much Uniqlo stuff--their shops are everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    I'm just hoping that their warmth is also up to snuff.

I have a Uniqlo hooded jacket and can testify to its warmth, since Minnesota has already had below zero (Fahrenheit, not wimpy centigrade)
    temps. I'm really impressed with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    I have a Uniqlo hooded jacket and can testify to its warmth, since Minnesota has already had below zero (Fahrenheit, not wimpy centigrade)
    temps. I'm really impressed with it!
    Do you have the ultra-light one?
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Do you have the ultra-light one?
    I do! It is ultralight and impressively warm.

Another Uniqlo fan here - I have a fleece lined skirt, several long-sleeve heattech tops, several pairs of heattech socks, and some camis with built in support. I tend to go large if I have any doubts about size, and found they all wash well and are very comfortable.

Got my eye on some of the more office/work wear, and the light weight down
    Cadet 15/13 (black/iberian), Western Flyer (navy/iberian), travel tray (iberian), Side effect (black/wasabi), cork wallet, PCSB, packing cubes, absolute and simple shoulder straps and a small hoard of pouches and key straps

I love the ultralight but I ended up getting one of their thicker long hooded down coats. It will make this Northeast winter so much more bearable!
    nsh likes this.
    Collections:
    EDC for Work: SA (with cache) + CP (with workout gear) + SE
    EDC for Play: SA + SE/CP + SE
    Travel: SA + SE + CP
    Organisation: Large + Medium YSS, Small + Medium DOP, 3DCO, 3DMO, Small WFPC, TT, Q-Kit!
    Favorite TB colors: black dyneema, forest + conifer, wasabi, iberian, olive, burnt orange
    On my wish list: Large WFPC, Snake Charmer, DLBP, Q-Kits + LS (for my crafty sister)

FYI, Uniqlo is having a sale today (Cyber Monday Sale) and the Ultralight down jackets are $49.90, Airism briefs are $9.90 (the two things I ordered) and they're throwing in free shipping. Other items are also on sale, but those are the one's I'd heard about on the forums here...

-M

no uniglo stores here yet in toronto!!!! we bought some items in hong kong. they are like the japanese gap but just a tad better than gap. i am dying to buy their merino stuff. i have to wait till 2016 to get my hands on the merino stuff. right now i make do with icebreaker and ibex.

say not to cotton, ever.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0