Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    After treatment my cat was fed...Fancy Feast at the vet! So I now I am buying both Newman's own and Fancy Feast.

Most of her meals are mixed with meds, so sometimes it is a no go, I don't know if she doesn't like the flavor or the med taste.

Newman's Own has a website, google the exact url.

A chain store in the East Coast , Harris Teeter carries it .

My dog eats alpo...I havent had any problems with it. I am thinking about getting a cat soon, any recommendations for food? I see some mentioned on the first page, can you get that food at regular grocery stores?
    Live Life to the Fullest tateossian accessories

I used to frequent this dog forum http://www.dogforum.org/index.php and it has lively debates on food.

Our dog gets Canidae or Innova and we mix kibble with wet from both. Both brands are almost always in the top two when I see rankings. I would love to switch our dog to a BARF (Bones and Raw Food) diet but I'm not sure I could find a good supply for the food and it scares me a bit.

Only hard part with food is you never know how good it's really doing unless your dog had issues before. We pretty much started with high quality food so it could be the food that keeps her coat so healthy looking, or, it could be she just has an amazing coat. I should post a picture at some point, she looks a bit like Riley but has short hair.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pretzelb View Post
    I should post a picture at some point, she looks a bit like Riley but has short hair.
    You should! She can be a friend of Riley.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

We use mostly Innova canned

for two senior cats, one with diabetes (needs high protein) and another with hyperthyroid (too much protein is hard on her kidneys). Also, we've recently discovered Avoderm canned food with sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    You should! She can be a friend of Riley.
    Aww, twist my arm. Here's Georgia. She's from the local SPCA. We hit the lottery with her. She's only about 43 pounds and as near as we can figure she's a black lab mix with maybe border collie, dalmation, whippet, or greyhound in there. At two years old she is insanely playful so she would love to meet Riley. The local SPCA has a Riley look alike named Ethel up for adoption but we're not sure if we're ready for another dog.

Showing off the lucky paw

Lounging on the lawn

Big yawn for fun

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Georgia is beautiful!!! Great pictures. I'll add them to Riley's page soon...

Riley has a new sister named Lily who is part Greyhound or Whippet -- I definitely see a lot of Lily in Georgia. Does Georgia like to burrow under blankets and make caves for herself? Lily is constantly doing that...we think it might be because she has the thin skin of a Greyhound/Whippet.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

We feed our cats Katz-n-Flocken all stages (we have one kitten and an adult cat). It has really helped the adult cat's coat. They seem to like it. The little one eats a ton of it, she is a growing Bengal kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Georgia is beautiful!!! Great pictures. I'll add them to Riley's page soon...

Riley has a new sister named Lily who is part Greyhound or Whippet -- I definitely see a lot of Lily in Georgia. Does Georgia like to burrow under blankets and make caves for herself? Lily is constantly doing that...we think it might be because she has the thin skin of a Greyhound/Whippet.
    Georgia doesn't burrow but she has been known to have blankets put on her so she ends up being wrapped like a newborn baby. I used to frown on this until I noticed that Georgia will sometimes stay under the covers for a long time. I think most times she ends up getting to hot but it does appear that she enjoys it for a while. Most dogs don't like that but go figure. What makes it even more strange is that she appears to just love the cold. I had a few shots of her first snow where she just went bezerk. Crazy dog likes blankets and cold weather.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2