Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree18Likes
  • 2 Post By jess
  • 1 Post By WendyK
  • 1 Post By jess
  • 1 Post By Tlacltme
  • 1 Post By eightspokedb
  • 1 Post By WendyK
  • 1 Post By Sacharissa
  • 5 Post By bchaplin
  • 2 Post By eightspokedb
  • 2 Post By eightspokedb
  • 1 Post By jess

Thread: Outlander Series?

Outlander Series?

I know this is 100% not bag related but I'm always interested in seeing how our interests overlap (like the yarn craft/TB connection) and was wondering if anyone here is as excited about the Outlander TV series starting as I am? I'm totally obsessed with these books and can't wait for the show!
    enjih and Missy like this.

Yes, although the series doesn't start here in Canada until the end of August! May have to try and find it online after it debuts.
    jess likes this.

Wendy, Starz put the first episode online last night in the US as a preview even though it doesn't start here until next week. I don't know if it's region blocked or anything but here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlTv...has_verified=1
    Missy likes this.

I love the Outlander books but I'm one of those people who won't watch the movie/tv version of a book. The characters never look "right" and often the plot has been tweaked enough to bug me lol! I know, I know, I'm strange that way
    jess likes this.

One week and a few hours to go!!! Someone on my favorite hockey board posted a picture of the very photogenic fellow playing Jamie - she filled me in on the book series - been through three and just checked out the fourth - librarian said the books are in high demand due to the upcoming series - looking forward to seeing how it unfolds on the screen...
    jess likes this.
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

I was surprised by how good the first episode (free preview) was. But I'm still not interested in cable.

Thanks, @jess. Couldn't get it to play but that's okay. I'll get to see it eventually
    jess likes this.

Count me a fan! I started working my way back through the series while waiting for the 8th book, and have been enjoying them even more the second time around!

I'm really looking forward to the series, but do not have cable. I am really hoping that the episodes will be available on iTunes!
    jess likes this.
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

I'm sure the series will be online soon. I can't imagine them not putting it up somewhere.

Thanks for mentioning this! I have to admit, I read part of The Outlander, many years ago, and hated it. I stopped reading about halfway and never went back to it. However, for whatever reason, I really enjoyed the first episode of this series. Perhaps because I'm planning to visit that part of the world and have a fascination with it now. I do not subscribe to STARZ, but will watch the rest of the series when it's available on iTunes.

It did make me appreciate that having a universally applicable skill set would be important if you inadvertently found yourself traveling back in time a few centuries. Nursing? Yes, always useful. A knowledge of how to assemble Ikea furniture, poke around on the internet, create databases, and sequence DNA? Probably totally irrelevant in that world. I'd end up washing dishes or something. I'll be careful not to touch any ancient stone sculptures when I visit the United Kingdom next year.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    It did make me appreciate that having a universally applicable skill set would be important if you inadvertently found yourself traveling back in time a few centuries. Nursing? Yes, always useful. A knowledge of how to assemble Ikea furniture, poke around on the internet, create databases, and sequence DNA? Probably totally irrelevant in that world. I'd end up washing dishes or something. I'll be careful not to touch any ancient stone sculptures when I visit the United Kingdom next year.
    Especially around any pagan festival times -
    nsh and jess like this.
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

I have read the first book, but somehow I never picked up the second, so now I have because I'm curious as to what happens.

I enjoyed the series premier. I only felt one character was miscast-- and that is Dougal. He's supposed to be about 45 and handsome to an extent and the actor that plays him looks much older than that. I guess they are trying to make look authoritative but a war chieftan would have to be young enough to still lead men into battle easily. I always imagined a strong middle-aged man as the author described, but the actor looks older than that. Oh well. That's my minor quibble.

Just saw the premiere on Starz -

oh my....
    enjih and jess like this.

Quote Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
    Just saw the premiere on Starz -

oh my....
    My thoughts exactly…now I'm watching the repeat
    enjih likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0