Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By amazngin
  • 3 Post By Pangifone
  • 2 Post By pegolas
  • 4 Post By flaneuse
  • 1 Post By ClaireJ

Thread: Any experience with Angelrox (multi-use clothing)?

Any experience with Angelrox (multi-use clothing)?

Since you all on here have some great opinions on various clothing brands, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with Angelrox angelrox - may peace prevail ? The wrap angelrox - angelrox, wrap, the wrap, wrap dress, angel rocks, bamboo, organic cotton, travel clothing is on a lot of lists for versatile dresses for travel (lots of ways to wear it), and I'm also intrigued by the hourglass, wifey, and shift. But there aren't a whole lot of reviews out there and no place near me to check them out in person, so I'm hoping someone on here has some thoughts.

I saw these a couple years ago, and was intrigued. But then I looked at the many ways to wrap them, and figured I'd remember to wrap only 2 or 3 ways. Neat idea, pricey garment.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireJ View Post
    Since you all on here have some great opinions on various clothing brands, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with Angelrox angelrox - may peace prevail ? The wrap angelrox - angelrox, wrap, the wrap, wrap dress, angel rocks, bamboo, organic cotton, travel clothing is on a lot of lists for versatile dresses for travel (lots of ways to wear it), and I'm also intrigued by the hourglass, wifey, and shift. But there aren't a whole lot of reviews out there and no place near me to check them out in person, so I'm hoping someone on here has some thoughts.
    I have the playsuit in bamboo stretch. The fabric is high quality and very comfortable. I've already washed it in the washing machine and all the seams held up well because they're reinforced. I'll be wearing it on the plane for my trip this weekend. The playsuit can also be worn as nightwear, as it has a corset. You can also fold the corset down to cover the hips.
    ClaireJ likes this.

Yeah, I think I'm intrigued by the wrap because I often look at clothes that can be worn many ways and don't think more than one or two of the styles would actually work on me, but the different stylings for the wrap seem very much my style. For some reason, it calls to me more than the versalette (which I know others on here like). Except that I'm not sure how I feel about the wiggly seams.

@amazngin, the playsuit looks so comfy! Definitely seems like good plane clothing. How did you find the sizing? Also, I'd love to hear your experience with how the fabric works for you - bamboo is supposed to be fairly breathable, and I've heard mixed reports about its ability to deal with odor (seems like it depends on the process for creating the fabric).

Oh man, I LOVE AngelRox! Roxi is great, and I love the clothes. I have the Lady Wrap (a little longer than the original, which works better for my tastes), two colors of playsuits, two hourglasses (both were gifts with various orders), the flirt, two colors of cardigans, a few pairs of the angel briefs, the wing tunic, the opera sleeves, the band, the obi sash, and I love every single one of them. I wear one of the cardigans every single day, and the playsuits most days. I've let my sister borrow the wrap for several months while she was pregnant, but I'm excited to get it back. The fabric is so soft and feels amazing to wear, and, as someone else already mentioned, is very well made.
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

I had never heard of this company either, thanks for sharing! Love the layered aesthetic they have going
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

@Pangifone, wow, you're a real fan then! I'm jealous of your collection! Can I ask you how long the lady wrap is? The color I want (wine) is no longer available in the wrap so I was considering the lady wrap anyway - I'm only 5'4 though so I'm hoping it's not too long to wear as a maxi skirt. Also, how do you find the fit (length, stretch) on the hourglass? I so wish there was a store around here that carried their stuff so I could try some things on!

ClaireJ: I'm 5'5", so pretty close to you. The nice thing about wearing it as a skirt is that you can fold over the top portion (the piece that extends into the ties) as needed to get it to the length you want. My favorite way to wear it is as a strapless dress. It ends up roughly knee-length on me that way. It doesn't really work too well on me as a vest because it looks a little silly being so long, but I could see that working on someone taller.

The hourglass: It doesn't fit me as a top or skirt due to my weight, but in skinnier days I did like it as a tube top. You just sort of scrunch it a little until it's the right length. I wear it as an infinity scarf all the time in the winter, though. Love it!
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

So I've been thinking about getting The Wrap & just did a Google search to see if there were any reviews of Angelrox online. And that search led me to the Tom Bihn forums, because of course it did. Lol. This place is the best.
    gochicken and jess like this.

My order arrived today and Oh. My. Goodness. I am in love with every single piece. I ended up ordering:
    The lady flirt in Crimson
    The lady wrap in black
    The ballet tunic in black stripe
    The Obi sash in black/black stripe
    The opera sleeves in black

First, the fabric, construction and fit of the garments is wonderful. The jersey has a lovely drape and isn't too sheer, and has enough stretch and recovery. I think every item I ordered is reversible if you remove the tag, which has been thoughtfully tacked on for easy removal. Now, I haven't had a chance to wash the items yet so no comment on how they hold up/air drying time.

I'm planning on wearing the lady wrap and layering the lady flirt under it for the formal event I need to go to in October. Depending on how I style it, I can wear the opera gloves and/or the obi sash (as a wrap). I absolutely LOVE the ballet top and want to order another pronto. I was also sent the corset in the city print and it is fantastic. After I had placed my order, I had regretted not adding an hourglass in case I needed a bit more layering coverage, so experimenting with the corset will be great. I tried it over the ballet top and it is amazing how it can change the whole look of the top. I tried it over my icebreaker harmony tunic and loved how it gave the the top more shape and interest. I could see ordering another one of these or the hourglass in a complementary color.

The opera gloves were another item that have a lot of layering possibilities. They look great and add extra warmth to the balette top, and I could see them working with some of my knit tops too. They were a little more snug than I had expected but were comfortable and will stay put.

Overall I am thrilled with these purchases. i think for the next two to three weeks I'm going to make them the focus of my wardrobe and see if maybe it is time to part with some items I've been holding on to, but just not enjoying anymore. Ever since I pared down my wardrobe, it's been easier to maintain/get dressed, but I haven't quite at home in my style. It's hard to come to terms with kids/aging/lifestyle changes and how the affect your style, and redefining it. I feel like this is part of the right path though!
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

I finally pulled the trigger on getting some Angelrox pieces for myself. I bought the playsuit (black) and the hourglass (subtle black stripe). They arrived yesterday - very fast shipping, by the way, ordered on Monday afternoon, got the shipping notice on Tuesday and the order made its way across the country (from Maine to Washington state) by Thursday!

The hourglass is an immediate win for me - it's really fun to play with and works great as a circle scarf, dress, or skirt on me (I'm pretty small though, so I see how it would be a tight fit/possibly a bit sheer for someone bigger). I appreciate that it's actually shaped like an hourglass which makes it work well as a dress, and it's long enough that it's not a short dress on me and could still be a very nice length on a taller person too. I'm not much for strapless things though so I mainly see myself using it as a pencil skirt (with the top folded over either just a little to form a waistband or almost to the bottom to make kind of a layered bottom effect) and perhaps as a circle scarf as well.

I'm a bit on the fence about the playsuit - the wiggly seams aren't quite my usual style, and I'm trying wearing it inside out as recommended for smooth seams, but the waviness is still visible and also slightly uncomfortable on the inside against my legs (not hugely so since the fabric is really amazingly soft). I actually suspect the seams would look a bit smoother on someone bigger than me since the fabric would be stretched a bit more. I don't think I'll ever wear it as a one-piece (maybe on laundry day?), but I like the option to fold the top down over the hips as a skirt to allow me to wear shirts that I'd normally consider a little too short to wear with leggings. I'm pretty sure I'll keep it, but I'll probably keep a more standard pair of plain black leggings in my wardrobe as well.

A headband was included in my order as a free gift, which I really appreciate - it's in subtle black stripe, so she clearly made a point to select something in the same color as what I ordered. It's simple but really cute.

Overall, I'm pleased with my purchases, and I'm looking forward to incorporating them into my wardrobe (like @flaneuse, I've been paring it down and settling on my style). Good basics with just enough of a twist.