Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thanks very much, Zephyrnoid! I promise to share them with Amy, Alex, and everyone else here....we'll do an official taste testing.

Hazelnut Chocolate Praline!!!!!!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Well, results of Lärabar with chocolate haven't been grand to tell you the truth. I'm not sure what it is about adding chocolate /coffee to the base Lärabar mix but it hasn't matched the other flavors in balance and stability. Now that's just coming from 1/2 dozen testers I recruited. Everyone else may well disagree so maybe just Hazelnut Praline would be enough? Certainly whatever they did with the Pistachio was outstanding. A modest care package is headed your way in the AM. I'll post an evaluation form in my project site so we can all be on the same plate !

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hazelnut Chocolate Praline!!!!!!

Hey friends of LäraBar. Next time you try a LäraBar, why not help us rate it like we did in our review page? I'd love to hear your specific critiques of the different flavors. Bon Apetit!
    http://www.imagometrics.com/GoBags/LaraBar.htm

Status report. Rumors are confirmed. My wolfing down 1/2 dozen Pistachio LäraBars in three days has added girth to my midrift. Yikes! It's time for me to hit the trail!

Beautiful pictures! Where are those locations?

We received the bars today. Thank you very much! The official taste test will happen tomorrow, but I have to admit that I did already eat a Pistachio. Soooo good! I think I like the Pistachio even better than the Cashew, which was my favorite flavor.

I haven't tried Key Lime Pie yet. Something scares me about actual key lime pies - I see them as the color of early 90's fluorescent clothing and rotating in glass enclosure. What's not scary about that? But I am sure the Lara version is perfectly yummy, and of course, natural. We'll find out tomorrow.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    BEAUTIFUL!!!

I've checked Costco here a few times for Larabars with no success. Trader Joe's is pretty limited. I guess I'll order from Larabar. Pistachio- mmm. Can't wait to try it.

I bought 4 chocolate coconut Larabars for $5 yesterday, what a sweet deal.

I love Trader Joe's!!! BTW, checkout Trader Joe's Trail Mix Bars that come
    in a box of 6 for $1.99, another sweet deal.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

A Lara Bar Poll

Everyone in the office loved both Pistachio and Key Lime Pie. Those are two clear winning flavors!
    Last edited by Darcy; 03-08-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Yay! I'm glad you liked them and my midrift thanks you too! Pictures are my daily walk around Lake Needwood, Gathersburg, MD. My latest hang station. Lovely place considering how close it is to the White House. LOL!
    Thanks for the compliments. more pictures later.

Today's hike picture...

I bought my first Larabar yesterday [Apple Pie] at Trader Joe's and ate it for breakfast today. Very good. I'll be buying many more.

Volunteer Moderator
    Reviving this thread to ask: At $2/bar, they are a bit pricey.. has anyone tried making their own? http://bunnyfoot.blogspot.com/2006/0...type-bars.html

moriond: I just replenished my stock at the Vim & Vigor at Ala Moana! I think they had all the flavors! Haven't checked the Costco yet! Eep! Will have to stow away in a friend's car the next time they go!

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    Reviving this thread to ask: At $2/bar, they are a bit pricey.. has anyone tried making their own? http://bunnyfoot.blogspot.com/2006/0...type-bars.html
    I haven't, but I think I will! Thanks for posting that link. That is, if I can find some reasonably priced dates. (no, no, I mean the fruit.) I have all of the other ingredients leftover from holiday baking: coconut, various nuts, dried cherries, etc. I got a little bake-crazy over the holidays and should really switch to making stuff like Lara bars instead of buttermilk cookies and german chocolate cake.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post

moriond: I just replenished my stock at the Vim & Vigor at Ala Moana! I think they had all the flavors! Haven't checked the Costco yet! Eep! Will have to stow away in a friend's car the next time they go!
    Hi Just,

I was over on the Big Island on Sunday, and bought Lärabars at $1.69/bar (sale price, regularly closer to $2/bar) at Island Naturals Market in Hilo (in Waiakea Center next to the Borders; 1 mile from the turnoff for Hilo airport). I've never been to Costco. Aren't there supposed to be two Whole Foods Markets opening in Honolulu sometime early this year?

Did Vim & Vigor have Hazelnut Praline? I haven't tried that flavor yet (but have had Pistachio and Key Lime pie -- both available at Island Naturals Market).

Cheers,

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 01-08-2008 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added accent mark and note about Pistachio and Key Lime Pie

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0