Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Riley

Blessings to you Tom and to Riley......
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

^^that is beautiful (the quoted verses)
    --------------------------------

So sorry to learn about this. Most sincere condolences to Riley's family and friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Synapse 19, Co-Pilot, Side Effect, Small Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, Tri-Star, Travel Tray, Passport Pouch, Small Organizer Wallet (this is the little guy that started it all...), several Shop Bags and Organizer Pouches. More to come, I'm sure...

Volunteer Moderator
    To Tom, Darcy, and everyone whose lives were made better by knowing Riley -

I am so sorry to hear of Riley's passing.

That everyone who comes into this world must one day depart is a difficult fact of life to swallow. And though we are well aware of this painful fact, when the time comes for those who are near and dear to us to depart, the pain we feel isn't any less intense.

It is natural that you will mourn, that you will miss him, that you will laugh and smile and cry as you recall those precious moments you shared. I think the greatest way of honoring anyone, whether they are with us or whether they have moved on, is by trying to reflect through our actions what they would want us to do, what would make them proud, what would bring joy to them!

If I may adapt somewhat what Dr. Seuss said - It's okay to cry because this chapter has closed. But let us also smile because we were blessed to enjoy that chapter!

My most sincere condolences.

this seems strangely appropriate. i ran across it yesterday, about someone losing their family dog who also happened to be named riley (full disclosure, i couldn't make it through the whole thing without bawling :\):

Ask Andrew W.K.: "Getting to Spend Time With a Loving Dog Is a True Privilege" | Village Voice

an excerpt:
    "A good dog is the closest thing to a miracle angel from God that I can think of. Dogs are the ultimate role models. They are selfless and show unconditional love. They are noble and exhibit sincere companionship, fearless devotion, and courage. They contain within them a genuinely psychic intuition, and a tireless cheerful energy. Dogs are geniuses of loving kindness.

And perhaps their best feature: an unparalleled ability to bring out the best in us. They can change our entire state of mind with one look, one cuddle, one little jump. I've been in some of my most deeply depressed states, and sometimes just thinking about a dog has lifted my spirits. Getting to spend time with a loving dog is a true privilege. They say that animals experience more of reality -- they hear a broader range of sounds, see a more complex view, and use all of their senses to grasp a different and perhaps richer version of the world than we have access to.Imagine what sort of intelligence they posses that we can't even conceive of. If there ever was to be an animal we should aspire to, it is the dog. They are here to teach us how to be better animals ourselves."

<333333
    Last edited by capncat; 07-10-2014 at 11:14 AM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Everyone:

It's meant a lot to Tom to read your kind words and condolences on Riley's passing. Tom's writing something he'd like me to share with you soon; in the meantime, he's with some family and friends this weekend who knew Riley well, and it's a comfort to him.

And I just wanted to add: thank you for sharing your stories about your dogs and your losses. I know it can be really hard to remember and relive these things, and sharing those stories to help others going through loss of their own is a real gift.

Below is a photo of my dog Lily. She's about 12 now and, as I've been telling people, this is the first summer she's been stiff and sore after hikes. It's been a reminder to make sure each and every day I have with her is as awesome as we can make it.

Name:  dogsmile.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  63.2 KB
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Darcy--you have a beautiful girl there. Fish oil and glucosamine for those joints!
    Darcy and backpack like this.

cute face. and gorgeous back drop. where did you hike into?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tom wanted me to share this with you:

It's comforting to know that in my sorrow, I am not alone.
    Thanks to you all. Below is a poem that reminds me of the hikes Riley and I went on.
    Tom

I thought that my voyage had come to an end, at the last limit of my power - that the path before me was closed, and the time had come to take shelter in silent obscurity.

But I find that thy will knows no end in me.

And when old words die out on the tongue, new melodies break forth from the heart; and where the old tracks are lost, a new country is revealed with its wonders.

~ Rabindranath Tagore

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0