Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: New User from deepest darkest Africa (South Africa)

New User from deepest darkest Africa (South Africa)

OK so not so deepest darkest. Not sure if you guys do intro threads but just thought I would pop one up to be polite.
    Been lurking the forums for some time, wish list is filling up, just waiting on the new items to drop to see if any of my ideas change.

Next issues will be getting the bags here. Not sure if there any other forum members from South Africa, but ill search around and have a look. Just worried about the bags being misclassified as textiles and then im sitting with a 100% customs duty. (Ouch)

Hi to South Africa! *waving* there are HEAPS of South Africans here in NZ!

Hi Calypso, welcome aboard. Seattle to South Africa is quite a journey for your new bags.
    vivelly likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Welcome! I'm in Germany but would love to travel to South Africa...one day. Looks like an amazing country. Tom Bihn fans and bags all over the planet!
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

Welcome calypso! All thous far away countries and talking about time-zones in the other thread got me thinking: might there be a Bihnion in every Timezone? How cool must the feeling be for a manufacturer/craftsman/Bag-Artist to know that his product goes literally around the world? We should have a map and everybody who wants (and has at least one TB-Bag) can have a dot on it. That would make visual what we are talking and reading about here every day: Tom Bihn is international.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Welcome calypso! All thous far away countries and talking about time-zones in the other thread got me thinking: might there be a Bihnion in every Timezone? How cool must the feeling be for a manufacturer/craftsman/Bag-Artist to know that his product goes literally around the world? We should have a map and everybody who wants (and has at least one TB-Bag) can have a dot on it. That would make visual what we are talking and reading about here every day: Tom Bihn is international.
    Let's start! I am GMT -03:00!
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Ops! First of all... welcome to the Forums!
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

I am GMT +02:00 because of summertime otherwise it would be GMT +01:00.

calypso is it fine with you to take your introduction thread for a how-far-are-we spread-question?

Ilkyway
    eWalker likes this.

I visited Capetown a few years ago. It was one of the loveliest cities ever. I only wish it had been a leisure trip and not a work conference. Welcome to the forums!
    eWalker likes this.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

I am GMT +02:00 because of summertime otherwise it would be GMT +01:00.

calypso is it fine with you to take your introduction thread for a how-far-are-we spread-question?

Ilkyway
    Be my guest.

What timezone are you in calypso?

I am GMT -06:00

I'm on GMT+1 owing to British Summer Time. I just checked my iPhone's Clock app, and I already have Seattle listed
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by calypso View Post
    OK so not so deepest darkest. Not sure if you guys do intro threads but just thought I would pop one up to be polite.
    Been lurking the forums for some time, wish list is filling up, just waiting on the new items to drop to see if any of my ideas change.

Next issues will be getting the bags here. Not sure if there any other forum members from South Africa, but ill search around and have a look. Just worried about the bags being misclassified as textiles and then im sitting with a 100% customs duty. (Ouch)
    Welcome to the forums! I'm also relatively new to TB.

I'll be going to Cape Town and couple private game reserves in the Kruger area this October for our delayed honeymoon! Definitely looking forward to it.

What timezone are you in calypso?
    +2 GMT, no daylight saving or anything fancy
    Ilkyway likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0