Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Finally: carry on shaming

It would be nice if they made everyone put their carry-on into a bin that closes, push it through the sizer, and grab it before walking through the gate. And have a similar one for personal item. The bins could wrap around a circle so nobody has to return them.

A couple of the airports I've seen have the entrance to the x-ray machine cut down to, what appears to be the max carry on size. I had a samll panic attack the first time I saw one. My bag fit through with no problem though. Whew...
    eWalker likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    A couple of the airports I've seen have the entrance to the x-ray machine cut down to, what appears to be the max carry on size. I had a samll panic attack the first time I saw one. My bag fit through with no problem though. Whew...
    @Moose
    Your post made me think of this.
    Hole in the Wall - Top 20 Walls - YouTube

Icebeng, yes, it was exactly like that.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Back in the bad old days (when I was in college some 13 years ago) LAX had those sizer things in front of the x ray machines. And that was back when you didn't have to pay to check luggage and you could get huge bags on the plane (i went to college on the other side of the country, I still have my fabulous American tourister suitcase from that era. That thing was beast. You could fit a whole wardrobe in it. I only used it at the end of the year when I had to haul all my things back home, but man it was huge.)

Anyway, lots of people who travel inconsistently just don't ever think about size. I mean I considered myself a pretty good packer before I discovered Tom Bihn and this forum, but now I've learned so many new things that have made it even easier for traveling. The average joe doesn't bother.
    Last edited by atarango1; 06-18-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0