Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Klean Kanteen

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    My mistake then...thank you for checking and posting about it! That explains the coating feeling on the Liberty bottles.
    Yes gostanford it said in the article that I sent a link of that no one in America or Europe does stainless steel bottles and that two companies looked into it and would have to charge 100-200 $ for a bottle. :-( I guess if the industry would get established it would get cheaper in time and a lot of people would pay more for something they trust in and would be safe and is made in their own country Tom Bihn is the shining example!! So sad our planet is so poisoned that we have to worry about everything these days... And the more research one does the scarier it gets. :-( Ilkyway I will stick to klean kanteen for now too... Glad I brought this up now and not being labelled paranoid... Lol.
    Ilkyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Vivelly, thank you for starting this thread, have just researched Klean Kanteen and have decided to buy a few bottles for daily use. Have just looked at the dealers and realised 3 different friends of mine are dealers and one within 800 metres of home. I had been replacing Sigg bottles whenever they dent and moving to occasional or fuel use, this is a much better solution. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention
    Gee.. Did you choose the klean kanteen bottles?

I love my Kleen Kanteens! I came across this a while back and pinned it for further research. It's stainless, insulated, and made in USA. I can't vouch for it, but it looks promising. Thermaluxe
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Toblerhaus View Post
    It's stainless, insulated, and made in USA. I can't vouch for it, but it looks promising. Thermaluxe
    Oooh...I am going to read about it and maybe I will hint for this for a present for my next occasion... thanks for sharing!
    vivelly likes this.

It's a shame that most glass and stainless steel mugs still use plastic caps. Looks like Kleen Kanteens may offer a non plastic lid but their mouths are too small to get most ice cubes in.

Wow, thanks Toblerhaus! How could the critics have overlooked that?

I have 2 Lifefactory bottles from TB, they are the smaller size. The glass is made for baby bottles, in France. They are safe. There are smaller sized ones, the size of really small baby bottles, the one used for newborns, they are not heavy and can be slid easily into a Travel Stuff Sack.

I was very happy when Tom, Darcy and the Crew offered my baby bottles in a colorful protective neoprene sleeve and top.

Liberty Bottleworks is sold by TB, made of "recycled and recyclable aluminum, flexible food grade interior coating, 100% BPA free, it's one of the few American-made metal bottles available; it exceeds FDA requirements, is nontoxic and non-leaching, and it's Independent Lab Certified to be 100% BPA free."

I took that quote from the TB page and I trust Tom, Darcy and The Crew to offer great and safe products.

Any idea what the 'flexible food grade interior coating" is? I have been looking for that type of material for another project.
    vivelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Any idea what the 'flexible food grade interior coating" is? I have been looking for that type of material for another project.
    I seem to recall one of the news articles referring to "epoxy lining".

Wonder if latex would be another possibility, although some folks have a latex sensitivity/allergy.

From my childhood I recall there used to be candy that had an edible "wrapper" - it looked like very thin styrofoam around a chewy center, but was actually slightly sweet.

I love my Kleen Kanteens! I came across this a while back and pinned it for further research. It's stainless, insulated, and made in USA. I can't vouch for it, but it looks promising. Thermaluxe
    Damn, I just got my KK 20 oz. insulated bottle. I don't have issues with MIC stuff made for reputable companies, but that adorable polar bear logo would have made all the difference if I had known about the Thermaluxe earlier :S
    vivelly likes this.

I have to look it up but a lot of linings did leach other toxic stuff other than BPA..thats the problem with plastic..the more they research the more they find to be toxic. But of course I am not saying that this is the case with the Liberty bottles. Though I do not quite trust alluminium and the lining. I think after all I read so far the stainless steel from good companies seems the best alternative to glas for me.
    We can never eliminate fully risks I think, but at least trying to minimise them...is the best we can do.
    I love the Lifefactory bottle and I take it everywhere, but for school its just too heavy and it often because it kind of creates a vacuum is difficult to open...it kind of sucks itself shut. My daughter with special needs wouldnt be able to unscrew it.
    The baby Lifefactory bottle would be lighter than the big one, but it doesnt hold as much water... For a hot summer in New Zealand you need at least a liter of water for a day out.The Klean Kanteen would do the job for her I think..light, slippery so easy to get out and into backpack and holds enough water, and doesnt leak, important cause they carry laptop in backpack. It ticks all the boxes...apart from that tiny nagging feeling in the back of my head....
    we cant have it all I guess...

Gee
    Quote Originally Posted by vivelly View Post
    Gee.. Did you choose the klean kanteen bottles?
    Vivelly I have but when I went to get them at 2 local shops today they had the 27oz size and am after 40oz. Refereing to your comment above the more liquid the better, it is the start of winter here but has been a little warmer than usual, about 25C or 77F, enough that you are thirsty exercising. I wont use these for travel, just use disposable plastic as have seen too many nice bottles tossed at security (or go away to be emptied), sometimes in the most unlikely checkpoints. Saw a stack at Siem Reap Airport in Cambodia, who would have guessed they would be so firm on liquid limits
    vivelly likes this.

I hope you will get the bigger one. Its tricky to get them here in NZ...shops who sell them are far and few between and carry a limited amount of stock, but I found a website based not far from me who sell top end waterbottles (healthy and safe) they also stock Lifefactory bottles (Very excited!) and also Klean Kanteen. You can choose size, colour and top..they have different ones which I like...simple one for everyday and sports cap for gym....

Since we found someone who invented the perfect bags...I hope that one day someone will invent the perfect water bottle!

Sorry, Toblerhaus, but from the link you provided, I went to their FAQs and found this about where their products are made: "Our only product that is not manufactured domestically is our Stainless Steel Half Twist™ Thermaluxe™ bottle. Due to financial infeasibility with stateside manufacturers, the stainless steel bottles are responsibly manufactured in China."
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0