Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Frank II

Thread: Questions about "One Bag, One World"

Questions about "One Bag, One World"

I originally heard about Tom Bihn through MacWorld magazine.

After I started to investigate high-quality, USA-made luggage, I also checked out the "One Bag, One World" (OBOW) blog to further understand what Bihn wares were like.

I never looked deeper into OBOW, though. I recently saw a mention of OBOW in this forum and decided today to ask about it. Does OBOW have an interactive forum like this Tom Bihn forum is? Is it all about travel luggage, or does it also deal with EDC (Everyday Carry)? How is it different from this forum?

I just want to know so if I do decide to participate there, I can get the most out of it by knowing what is there.

Thanks in advance.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

OBOW does have an interactive forum but for some reason, it doesn't exhibit the same "juice" this forum does. The fact that we all own or lust after TB products provides a common ground that OBOW doesn't seem to have IMHO. However, it is still a site worth investigating.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

OBOW is about one bag travel. Frank is an expert and the website always has up to date info on important news in the airline/travel industry.

Since it's my website, I'll try to answer your question.

OBOW is all about one bag travel. Whether it be gear review, travel tips, rule changes, or general information, if may have an affect on a one bag traveler, we discuss it. We aren't limited to discussing one brand of bags or one brand of any product.

We do have an interactive forum. While not as active as this one, we have some very knowledegable people who will answer your questions. Like here, there is a core group of participants even though thousands have actually registered. Most stay in the background.

I'm working on expanding OBOW and the more people that come and participate, the better the site will be.

All posting whether they be blog or on the forum, can be followed by RSS. Our main blog page can also be found on Twitter and Facebook.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

So, this forum is separate from the blog? Both are part of a larger web-site?

Is the forum structured similarly (in terms of the posting mechanism) to this forum?

Is there a link to this forum someone can share so I can check it out?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Also: is there any overlap for discussing EDC, at least in a travel setting?

Last edited by icebeng; 05-26-2014 at 06:04 AM.

The link to the forum is on the main web page. It is divided into categories.

I suggest you go and explore the website. It's fairly easy to navigate and there is lots of information--with more added all the time.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    The link to the forum is on the main web page. It is divided into categories.

I suggest you go and explore the website. It's fairly easy to navigate and there is lots of information--with more added all the time.
    There's lots to explore, the readers comment and respond to Frank's entries (or should I refer to them as articles?) on the website, very interesting to read.

I visited OBOW briefly last night. Will have to check it out more thoroughly later this week. Lots to do here, with a shortened week ahead.

The site looks very different than I remember it. Navigation appears to be improved.

Last June I created a new website for OBOW. You might have been to our older site which we now call our "archive" site.

Is your forum available on Tapatalk? If not, are there any plans to make it available?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0