Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: Cleaning up and clearing out your space, what have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    That sounds a lot like decluttering to me.
    Nail polish, yes. Personal care stuff, no. It's not decluttering because I'm not trying to reduce the total amount of stuff that I have. I'm simply going to (slowly) replace it with products that are more agreeable to my skin. However, I will have to stop buying in bulk -- that just means having one "back up" -- because I'm going to be purchasing items that don't have strong preservatives so they will expire much quicker. I got rid of 95% in one fell swoop though because I simply was in a mood to get rid of stuff. LOL

I will say that it amazes me how little skincare I really need: facial cleanser, toner, moisturizer, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body soap (if necessary; shampoo or facial cleanser could do double duty). I plan on making my own facial masques and exfoliators with stuff I have on hand already.
    currently:
    • Burnt Orange: Synapse 19 (steel), Synapse 25 (steel), Organizer Wallet, 3D COC, small and medium DOP
    • Black: Side Effect (steel), small padded OP
    • Grey or Steel: small clear OP (steel)
    want: Aeronaut 30 (black/steel), DLBP (black or steel), Synapse 25 (grey/steel), more BURNT ORANGE: OPs, keystraps, Side Effect, Ballistic Nylon, 200d Dyneema

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    @eWalker OK, here you go:

Attachment 6463

As you can see it's a very simple, plain design, which is why I chose it - it doesn't look out-of-place amongst more modern items.
    Loved it! I agree with that it is great option to mix and match with non contemporaneous designs!

Sorry that I took that long to answer... I got lost searching ebay and google for designs like it that could be build locally using reclaimed (demolition) wood.

That also got me thinking about a clothing rack to use as a wardrobe for project 333... Something like that...

Name:  il_570xn-314676041.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  141.9 KB

My bet is that if I remove all distractions it will be easier to not be tempted to use outfits other the selected for the capsule wardrobe.
    Last edited by eWalker; 06-05-2014 at 06:30 AM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    Loved it! I agree with that it is great option to mix and match with non contemporaneous designs!

Sorry that I took that long to answer... I got lost searching ebay and google for designs like it that could be build locally using reclaimed (demolition) wood.

That also got me thinking about a clothing rack to use as a wardrobe for project 333... Something like that...

My bet is that if I remove all distractions it will be easier to not be tempted to use outfits other the selected for the capsule wardrobe.
    My 1st thought was actually that there's nothing to prevent the contents of the wardrobe rack from getting dusty. Then I remembered your goal was to create a core wardrobe that would be rotated and used constantly, so there's no chance for any of its contents to get dusty. So if something DOES gather dust there, you would know that it's not getting worn much and you can think about axing it.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    My 1st thought was actually that there's nothing to prevent the contents of the wardrobe rack from getting dusty. Then I remembered your goal was to create a core wardrobe that would be rotated and used constantly, so there's no chance for any of its contents to get dusty. So if something DOES gather dust there, you would know that it's not getting worn much and you can think about axing it.
    LOL! I discard the rack at first for this exact reason then I had the same insight!

It is like placing the remote control by the tv to force yourself to get up more often.

When I started paring down my closet I went and bought a set of really nice wooden hangers that are designed for petite clothing and told myself everything I hang in the closet must go on them - if I run out of hangers I have to get rid of something (the hangers were expensive enough I'm not ready to order more). I still have a couple drawers for tshirts and sweaters, though.

It's really nice opening my closet and seeing everything hanging on matching hangers and looking like a store display.

Quote Originally Posted by Vecturist View Post
    It's really nice opening my closet and seeing everything hanging on matching hangers and looking like a store display.
    That is the felling I am aiming to create! My hope is that the visual clue will help to establish a new routine/habit!
    Last edited by eWalker; 06-05-2014 at 12:31 PM.
    Moose likes this.

Ewalker, I wish I could hit the like button a dozen times. I love that rack!
    eWalker likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I got another large black trash bag filled. I also boxed up about six years of magazines to get rid of. Had to make room for my order arriving tomorrow. I joke but if feels pretty good to ditch junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Ewalker, I wish I could hit the like button a dozen times. I love that rack!
    @Moose LOL! I loved, loved that industrial look!

I am half way through my wardrobe rightsizing to be able to fit it on the rack and now I noticed that my bags "needs" changed likewise!

I am thinking about a new post about it because I found amusing how the enabling process works like tides in and out the Forums!

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Moose likes this.

We are working on doing a full paint, declutter, and reorg of the kid's rooms. Going for simple and functional. My 8 year old daughter's room is close to done, though we are waiting for a Murphy bed to be made for the closet space. Need to find a tall and narrow wardrobe to hold her clothing. Adding photo links, as I can't figure out how to find the BB code to embed the photo from my iPad.

http://flic.kr/p/nXGAf1
    http://flic.kr/p/nZDmeh

She's a musician, which is clear by how much space her instruments get in her room. The organizer cubes hold toys and treasures. She is so excited at how things look!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Beautiful! Look at that---plum and wasabi! Her choices or yours?
    Moose likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I was thinking this little girl has real taste. Deep plum and kiwi, I love it.

I wonder what the message is. I originally intended to say I love if but it came out I live it.
    Last edited by Moose; 06-17-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Beautiful! Look at that---plum and wasabi! Her choices or yours?
    Haha. I didn't even think of that! I picked the green as her nursery color, but the deep purple is all her. I adore the idea of a plum and wasabi room!

--Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

I finally got around to tackling my husband's closet today. I told him I was going to do it while he was gone, so I don't think he will mind. Anyway it was such a relief to organize it, remove the items that he never wears/don't fit, and put it back together. I also tossed his old ripping book bag/gym bag and replaced it with a brain bag. I hope he likes it, haha.

Then, to be fair, I went through my closet and removed a bunch of stuff that I had not worn or used since we moved here. That freed up 2 shelves and a plastic tote!

I've also been going through my knitting magazine stash and scanning out the patterns that I want to keep. Only 8 more magazines to go through. I've been using a scanner app for my ipad and it's been working well. Much faster than using the flatbed/printer scanner.

Now, to just stick to being able to keep it this way. That's the hard part.

Wow! Her personality totally shines through. And I love that she's eight and already identifies as a musician.

I hope someday to get to this stage with my almost-10-y.o. Right now she's in a stage where everything is up for debate, even the day-to-day basics - I'm not sure we'd survive a reorg of her room!

Quote Originally Posted by Toblerhaus View Post
    We are working on doing a full paint, declutter, and reorg of the kid's rooms. Going for simple and functional. My 8 year old daughter's room is close to done, though we are waiting for a Murphy bed to be made for the closet space. Need to find a tall and narrow wardrobe to hold her clothing. Adding photo links, as I can't figure out how to find the BB code to embed the photo from my iPad.

http://flic.kr/p/nXGAf1
    http://flic.kr/p/nZDmeh

She's a musician, which is clear by how much space her instruments get in her room. The organizer cubes hold toys and treasures. She is so excited at how things look!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0