Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Moose
  • 1 Post By snowbot
  • 1 Post By binje
  • 3 Post By GoStanford

Thread: How to clean Zojirushi Tuff Slim thermos flask?

How to clean Zojirushi Tuff Slim thermos flask?

I have a Zojirushi Tuff Slim thermos flask I've used on and off for years. It has the usual tea residue on the inner lid's plastic, in some areas quite stubborn, and some stains on the inside of the flask. There is a video available on how to clean Tuff products, but I would appreciate your recommendations. Implements I have available include: bottlebrush, Mrs. Meyer's dish soap, Dawn dish soap, Bon Ami powder. I would be willing to get denture tablets if you have had those work. I would like to give it a really thorough cleaning.

How to clean Zojirushi Tuff Slim thermos flask?

I found this video on YouTube; not sure if it's the same one you watched: http://youtu.be/r8wq4v2BmW8 If you start at 0:46 they get into cleaning. Of course, the cleaner they recommend is a Zojirushi product, available here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000C...&robot_redir=1

One thing you might try is soaking the bottle with warm water and kool-aid lemonade powder inside. The citric acid can take hard water stains off porcelain and stainless steel sinks so it may work inside the bottle. It may take several hours to work, but it's a dirt cheap solution so it's worth a try. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White vinegar works too.
    One of my colleagues also pours out about half of the mixture after soaking, then caps it back on and shakes the thermos vigorously, he says it simulates the effect of a washing machine for better cleaning.
    It makes sense to me, but I have to point out the same colleague likes to pretend that he's a hot bartender with numerous groupies while doing that so......

I'd try vinegar, if that doesn't work add some baking soda. It'll foam like nobody's business but should work. If you find something that works well please share.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I subjected my coffee bottle to an all-day soak with a denture cleaning tablet after it was left for an extended period of time with coffee sitting in it. It worked.

When I worked in a coffee shop, we ran white vinegar through the machines at the end of every day. It didn't remove stains, but the idea was to neutralize odors/flavors. It seemed to work.

I have a number of SIGG water bottles, which I use also for liquids like fruit juice. I usually use the SIGG 'bottle clean' tablets (they come in a pack of 20) which look very similar to 'Steradent' denture cleaning tablets and also smell very similar... fill the bottles with warm or hot water, drop in a tablet and leave to soak for half an hour or so, they work very well to clean the insides of the bottles. I've also used Steradent tablets as a substitute when I've run out of the official bottle cleaner tablets, which seems to work quite well too. SIGG also make a bottle brush with softish bristles, which is quite narrow and fits their bottles very well, which can be used to further agitate and apply some gentle friction to the bottle insides to help with releasing any stains.
    A45 C/S TS N/S A30 A/W BB N/S S19 N/S P N/S CP B/S; SE W SCB C/O CQPC I,S Ri A/S 3DCC C,F TSS4 W K C TT S,N,B CC C/S PCBP S PP N QK F,C,A

+1 for white vinegar! it's my go-to for tea stains

Quote Originally Posted by snowbot View Post
    I subjected my coffee bottle to an all-day soak with a denture cleaning tablet after it was left for an extended period of time with coffee sitting in it. It worked.
    An update - thank you all for the tips. I got some white vinegar and some denture powder today called Stain Away. It is advertised as even stronger than denture tablets. I am not looking for additional chemical exposure but this flask has been used for tea and coffee for months to years. Well, I must say the denture powder cleanser is amazing! After two changes of detergent solution part of the cap and the little cup are completely clean. The other half of the cap mechanism and the bottle itself are in a fresh change of solution. Each time some residue comes off I cheer a little.

I am hoping the vinegar will be sufficient for refreshing the flask weekly or so.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0