Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: SSS (SoftStar Shoes) question

Flaneuse, I really appreicate the picture of your SSS, as it's hard to tell what they will look like on someone's feet!

Does anyone have a picture of the ballerina flats, or any other SSS for that matter, being worn? I'm also interested in the rogue or rambler styles. Actually, confession - they all look great and I'd take most any pair!
    dorayme likes this.
    Indigo/Solar Western Flyer, Aubergine/Steel Tri Star, Nordic/Steel Aeronaut, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Cocoa/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, Wasabi Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Small Shop Bags, Solar Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Large Shop Bags, Indigo, Wasabi Dyneema, and Plum 3D Organizer Cubes, Wasabi Dyneema Travel Tray, Wasabi Dyneema Large Yarn Stuff Sack, Small, Mini and Pen/Pencil Pouches, an assortment of key straps

Quote Originally Posted by flaneuse View Post
    Attachment 6129

Wanted to post an update. I ended up ordering the dashes in the regular width and it is *much* better than their older "regular" width from 2013. They fit perfect, very similar to the way the Ballerines fit. Love at first step for sure. The photo kind of illustrates the difference, the old regular width are the black pair and the new regular width are the caramel pair. Both are size 6U. I think I will eventually order a pair of the sheepskin liners like Dorayme. Maybe it will fill the toe box out of the older pair just a bit more.
    Thanks for sharing. Cute new SSS and I think the inner soles will not only help with the space, but with comfort. Once you try them, you don't want to go back.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Dwright17, I have taken pictures of my Dash's, Ballerines, Roo's and Solstice Sandals and posted them to flickr here
    snowbot likes this.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Dwright17, I have taken pictures of my Dash's, Ballerines, Roo's and Solstice Sandals and posted them to flickr here
    Dorayme, thank you so much for this link! I actually love ALL your shoes! The SSS ballerina flats look like I hope they would, so they're definitely on my list now. I love your Dash shoes with the Swift, too; very fun! And your green Danskos take the cake! My Danskos aren't nearly as comfortable now that I'm wearing mostly barefoot shoes, and that makes me sad. I adore my Danskos and would love to have several pair.
    Indigo/Solar Western Flyer, Aubergine/Steel Tri Star, Nordic/Steel Aeronaut, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Cocoa/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, Wasabi Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Small Shop Bags, Solar Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Large Shop Bags, Indigo, Wasabi Dyneema, and Plum 3D Organizer Cubes, Wasabi Dyneema Travel Tray, Wasabi Dyneema Large Yarn Stuff Sack, Small, Mini and Pen/Pencil Pouches, an assortment of key straps

Thank you Dwright17, when I got my Ballerines, all of my Birkenstocks and Danskos went bye bye. I have two friends that wear my same sized shoes. I was happy they were going to be worn, they were just sitting in my closet unused.

Did you experience any breaking in time with the ballerines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but next time I will be ordering the next size down so I may experience the top of the big toe tightness that I felt on my dash's until they stretch a bit. Oddly I felt it less on the 2mm dash's than the 5mm.
    A note on the sizing/fit. The design of the Ballerines are to cup the heel vs. elastic to hold it tightly to the heel (which I hate!). The cupping makes the shoe fit even though it's not the smallest size I can wear. I feel like I'm not explaining it very well, when you get a pair it may be more clear.

Actually a pair arrived today and I'm worried they're too small. I talked to CS and I'm going to try to wear them around the house more to see if the heel fit is going to work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate your comments on the heel, dorayme. I haven't ever worn ballerina flats before because my heel is very narrow, but the ball of my foot is medium width. I can't stand for my toes to be smashed together, so I always wear a medium width. I keep saying I'd get rich if I would just design a sock line with a thick heel and thin toe for folks like me! I'm a 5 or 5.5, so I'll definitely check with CS for advice before ordering. I really hope they fit, because I'd love to wear that style if I can just find some that fit!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but do those of you who have the Dash have thoughts on the merit of the street vs trail sole?

I have both types of soles. I like the trail sole better for any type of hiking or long walking. It gives just a bit more protection to the bottom of the foot when it comes to sharp rocks. Since my shoes do double duty with business casual at work and then everything else, my last pair had the trail sole.

Sue
    Synapse 19, Co-pilot, Travel Tray, PCSB, Western Flyer, all in Dyneema, Side Effect and pouchmania

I'm eagerly awaiting my black SSS Ballerines and red Solstice sandals. I ordered them both in wide width, because that was recommended when wearing Correct Toes (which I also purchased from SSS). Does anybody here have any experience with Correct Toes? Has it actually helped with alleviating bunions and increasing toe spread?

@dwright17, you could always knit them

@claireJ, I have both and prefer street, trail is too much thickness for the type of walking I do most days. In the cold weather, or very rocky ground however, trail would be my preference.

@ ginkgo, I would love to know what you think about correct toes.

Finally placed my order, and my shoes came today! I went with the trail soles since I walk a lot (usually ~4 miles a day) and would like to use them on occasional hikes. They're soooo comfortable. Unfortunately a tad big for my feet but a little extra room isn't bad (and is good for potential foot swelling during hikes, I'm telling myself). Already wore them walking around some trails and beach in a nearby park, and they were great, no issues going up a steep dirt trail or walking on sand.

So glad you got them ClaireJ! Isn't the leather the best?! I like the trail soles too.
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0