Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Currently carrying; currently reading

Currently carrying; currently reading

Happy Easter, everyone! Did the bunny bring anyone any bags?

Based on what might have been a tongue-in-cheek suggestion from yohopee, I'm starting a new thread.

As of today, what bag are you carrying, and what are you reading?

Today, I will be carrying a Side Effect, and I am currently reading The Luminaries: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0316074314/..._Ys9utb0MKPTJE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I am not carrying a bag, as I am at home on Easter Sunday and going nowhere today. The in-progress book is "Necessary Evil", book 3 of the Milkweed Trilogy by Ian Tregillis.
    A45 crim/stl TS navy/solr A30 aub/wsbi S19 nrdc/stl P nrdc/solr CP blk/stl; SE wsbi CQPC ibrn, solr Ri aub/stl 3DCC card TSS4 wsbi K card TT solr,nrdc,blk CC card/stl PCBP solr PP navy QK frst,cyte,aub + loadsa cubes!

I've switched over to my kiwi/steel Swift and am reading The Apology by Geoffrey Clayson and Chris Kirby Ryan. The book is remarkably good for a free Kindle book. I usually read it on my phone at lunch time.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Today I am carrying the Nordic Swift and in-progress reading 30 undergrad term papers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

Black Parapack/UV Dyneema SCB and (if listening to an audiobook counts as "reading") A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin.
    Last edited by taminca; 04-20-2014 at 07:53 AM.
    Melissa likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Audio books have to count. The story is the same and without audio books I would not manege to "read" so much as my days are full and my nights are there for sleeping. With books I would read all night as I am not able to lay a good book aside and I do not read/listen other than good books ;-)

That said: No bag for me today and Jane Austens Emma (not the first and not the last time).

Black Dyneema/wasabi Dyneema small cafe bag, daily for the last two weeks. Moranthology by Caitlin Moran.

I'll be carrying my Pilot tomorrow, but today- nothing. As for reading, I finished Wil Wheaton's book (The Happiest Days of Our Lives), and I'm starting Murakami's Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World.

Y'know, just in case anyone didn't believe me when I said my tastes are eclectic....

I also am an "Audio"-phile. I am listenening to Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson. I will be carrying my Black/Iberian SE in my cork/Iberian Swift when we go over to my sister's new house for Easter dinner.
    Cork/Iberian Swift, Cork Organizer Wallet, Cardinal/Steel Western Flyer, Cardinal OP, Iberian Yarn Stuff Sacks (all 3 sizes) Black/Iberian Side Effect, Iberian PCSB, Iberian Travel Tray, Nordic Travel Tray, Steel Travel Tray Iberian Travel Stuff Sack Navy/Solar Synapse 25, Black/Iberian Ristretto for iPad

Currently carrying; currently reading

Carrying my Synapse and reading Half of a Yellow Sun, by Chimamanda Adichie.
    Last edited by bchaplin; 04-20-2014 at 08:35 AM.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Black Parapack/UV Dyneema SCB and (if listening to an audiobook counts as "reading") A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin.
    Oh how I loved listening to his series. I just hate when the book ends. I don't want it to end! My favorite characters are Tyrian and Old Nan.

I haven't watched the series yet. I'm afraid it won't do justice to the written series.
    Cork/Iberian Swift, Cork Organizer Wallet, Cardinal/Steel Western Flyer, Cardinal OP, Iberian Yarn Stuff Sacks (all 3 sizes) Black/Iberian Side Effect, Iberian PCSB, Iberian Travel Tray, Nordic Travel Tray, Steel Travel Tray Iberian Travel Stuff Sack Navy/Solar Synapse 25, Black/Iberian Ristretto for iPad

I am currently having a hard time finding a book to settle into, and since reading is a fundamental part of my life, that amounts to a mini crisis!! All my reserves come to the library at once, it seems. I have The Blazing World (Siri Huvstedt), Kinder than Solitude (Yiyun Li), The Man WHo Walked Away (Maud Casey) all started. The last two books I finished were Alena (Rachel Pastan) that was fun because the narrator went to the Venice Biennale and so did I! and The Headmaster's Wife. That was aight.
    Anyway, here's a pic of a library book in the best pocket for multiple books: the bottom pocket of the Synapse 25. Though I usually carry my conifer Synapse.
    Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 304
Size:  163.5 KB

Currently carrying a navy/iberian SE and reading The Universe in a Single Atom by the Dalai Lama.

Love this thread!

A black ballistic/wasabi dyneema SE carrying my Kindle Paperwhite, currently reading THE WORLD WITHOUT US and VANISHING ACT.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    Oh how I loved listening to his series. I just hate when the book ends. I don't want it to end! My favorite characters are Tyrian and Old Nan.

I haven't watched the series yet. I'm afraid it won't do justice to the written series.
    I watched first season and decided that I just HAD to listen to the books . IMO the show's first season stayed true to the first book with only minor tweaks (so far, anyway) but, as would be expected, the book is so much more rich in descriptions of characters, places, legends, etc... BTW the show is quite... graphic.

And am loving this thread! So many good suggestions for future reads/listens.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0