Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Currently carrying; currently reading

Volunteer Moderator
    Currently carrying (or not exactly at the minute, since I'm at home), my Little Swift in Hemp. Currently re-reading Bitter Lemons. This book has a great opening:
    “Journeys, like artists, are born and not made. A thousand differing circumstances contribute to them, few of them willed or determined by the will—whatever we may think. They flower spontaneously out of the demands of our natures—and the best of them lead us not only outwards in space, but inwards as well. Travel can be one of the most rewarding forms of introspection. . . .” - Lawrence Durrell – “Bitter Lemons Of Cyprus”
    This was prompted by yesterday's Does anyone ever fly Lufthansa? digressions.

Currently caring an over anxious, "can't wait for tomorrow" attitude, when my Navy/Solar Pilot and accessories get delivered to the office!
    Forrest Green Tri-Star, Navy/Solar PILOT, w/13" MBA cache, Large Shop Bag, various colorful pouches, straps, sacks, 3D mesh, large Dyneema org. cubes and Olive SE. Black Dyneema Daylight BP. As always, more TB stuff on order!

Currently carrying nothing, but looking forward to my first (!) SE arriving on Tuesday. I WOULD have carried it out to the Easter buffet I just got home from; wasn't going to carry a large bag. Currently in-between books, trying to decide what's next, as I have quite a few as yet unread on my iPad. But after the recent thread on the Pilot, am seriously considering re-reading all of the Harry Potters.

(And heparker, I really want to know why the Wu Shock? Alum? I'm not, but it IS the home team.)

Today I am carrying my navy Little Swift. In print I'm reading Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. On audio I'm listening to Gaskell's North and South. I hope to do both today.

I have my navy Parapack S19 with steel PCSB diaper kit an wasabi small YSS with a sock to knit.

Book-wise, I am mostly reading textbooks, but I've also got "The No-Assholes Rule" on the go.
    kkintea likes this.

Currently carrying this week: nordic dyneema SE. Love that I can convert it to should bag or waist pack depending on if I am stroller or carrying the kids (or both some days). Currently reading: The Amazing Thing About the Way It Goes by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.

Currently carrying my co-pilot and reading Carbon Democracy by Timothy Mitchell outdoors because SPRING!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My TB collection is miniscule - the only things I am carrying are cash and my Speedway Rewards card in my Forest/Wasabi pocket pouch and loose change in my 2013 yretsym tfig.

Am currently reading Salmon Fishing in the Yemen by Paul Torday - love the movie so had to get the book. So far, very very good.

You guys are terrible! I love this thread!

Currently carrying my S19 and reading the following:

Abominable Science! By Daniel Loxton and Donald Prothero
    A Study in Ashes by Emma Jane Holloway
    Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff

I like to jump back and forth between books depending on the mood. On the queue for next week I have, so far:

Inverted World by Christopher Priest
    And finally starting Noble House by James Clavell (one of my favourite authors, I've had this one on the waitlist for many years)
    LCB, S19, SE, Co-Pilot, wallet, pouches

As an interesting note, my husband held a position for a few years at Jardine Lloyd Thompson, but that was almost two decades after I started reading Clavell's novels.
    LCB, S19, SE, Co-Pilot, wallet, pouches

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
    Currently carrying nothing, but looking forward to my first (!) SE arriving on Tuesday. I WOULD have carried it out to the Easter buffet I just got home from; wasn't going to carry a large bag. Currently in-between books, trying to decide what's next, as I have quite a few as yet unread on my iPad. But after the recent thread on the Pilot, am seriously considering re-reading all of the Harry Potters.
    Me too - I devoured them so fast when they first came out I probably missed some of the finer aspects - the first book Sorcerer's Stone, especially the first chapter - is entrancing...

And finally starting Noble House by James Clavell (one of my favourite authors, I've had this one on the waitlist for many years) [/QUOTE]

I'd like to suggest you read the entire series. You won't be disappointed.
    Moose
    yohopee likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Currently carrying a handmade leather crossbody that my husband bought me for my birthday (it's not TB, but it is made in the US). Currently reading Sarah Vowell's Unfamiliar Fishes (for breaks at work), Jumpa Lahiri's Unaccustomed Earth (at the dining table) and Sense and Sensibility (on the bedside table) because unless I'm travelling or reading something very involved (just finished Emperor of Maladies which required all of my attention) I tend to keep books in multiple places. I've also got John Green's An Abundance of Katherines on my husband's iPad but I probably won't finish it before it expires. I should have put it on my own e-reader but I can't find the charging cable and I didn't want to have to go back on the library hold list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    Today I am carrying my navy Little Swift. In print I'm reading Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. On audio I'm listening to Gaskell's North and South. I hope to do both today.
    That is such a strange book. I'm not sure if I liked it or not, but I was intrigued enough to put the sequel on the hold list at my library.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0