Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Thread: New Camera

New Camera

Over the holiday, I received an e-mail from Canon's marketing outfit, touting a cut-throat price (less than $50) and free shipping on a refurbished Canon PowerShot A3300 IS compact point-and-shoot.

My parents recently lost their best point-and-shoot, a PowerShot A720 IS, and a faithful 12-year-old Olympus Camedia C-3020Z died on them as well. They ordered the refurb A3300, which came with an 8 GB SD card and soft case; quite a deal. All for $50.

Are there any tutorials available so they can get the most out of the A3300? My parents are not tech-savvy but if there are video tutorials anywhere, they could really benefit from them. I cannot find any JumpStart Guides DVD tutorials on the A3300.

Thanks in advance.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

This is the link for the A3300 webpage on the Canon USA website.

It contains links to pages about Features, Supplies & Accessories, Brochures & Manuals, Specifications, Service & Support, Drivers & Software.

Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : PowerShot A3300 IS Red

I visited the Canon page you linked to, backpack. (I had been there before.) Thanks for reminding me of it.

I decided to send an inquiry to Canon to see what they had to say. To wit, here's Canon's reply:

Thank you for contacting Canon product support regarding tutorials for the PowerShot A3300 camera.

We encourage you to visit these Canon sites to continue learning more about your PowerShot A3300 camera:

Canon Forum: Canon Forum - Canon Forum
    Canon YouTube Channel: CanonUSA - YouTube
    Canon Digital Learning Center: Canon DLC: Home
    Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your Canon products. Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Nancy
    Technical Support Representative
    So here are few more links for my family to chew on.

So far, I haven't found anything referring directly to the A3300 or the A series generally.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Indigo/Solar Tri-Star, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Black/Steel, 13" Ristretto, Black/Wasabi iPad Ristretto, Forest/UV Smart Alec

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0