question about selling on ebay

i am staying in hong kong. i used to sell stuff on ebay more than ten years ago and back then i could easily post an item on the US ebay website.

yesterday i tried to list my medium cafe bag on ebay.com - everything went smoothly until i had to provide a telephone number for seller verification. my hong kong number didn't work.

if i post the listing on the hong kong ebay website, will buyers from all over the world be able to view it or only those from hong kong?

Salutations!

Unless a searcher refines their query to only show US listings your listing has international viewing The default search location is "Location: on EBay.com."

Peace!

that's good to know. thanks!

I believe you would also need to specify in your Ebay posting which countries you will ship to. Ebay will (should?) only show users things which will ship to their country (by default at least), regardless of where the item is located.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Salutations!

Be sure to include a disclaimer stating that the purchaser is responsible for any customs/import fees.

Peace!

i never expected selling on ebay to be such a hassle. after fumbling through the listing process with my half-baked chinese, i was asked to call their sales rep during office hours in order for my registration details to be verified. i'm just selling a second-hand bag - not setting up a business!

"Your registration details needs to be reviewed in order to avail the new seller limit of 10 (active + completed) or $500 of sales (active + completed) items per 30-day period.

We'd like the opportunity to review your account to help ensure you are on track to provide a good experience for eBay buyers.

We look forward to the chance to talk with you about your current and future business plans along with your supplier information. This conversation will help us make sure that all new sellers meet their buyers' expectations."

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0