Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: EDC Emergency Kit

EDC Emergency Kit

Not something very elaborate but that could fit inside half the Clear Quarter Packing Cube.

Post edited after Moose asked if I wanted suggestions about content.

This is exactly what I am after.

I have a ready made emergency kit which is a promotional item, its place is in the car.

I also have emergency items in the house.

But, an EDC is missing, I want to gather lightweight portable emergency items which people find essential.
    Last edited by backpack; 06-15-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Hi backpack, are you looking for a contents suggestion? If so, bandaids, neosporin, asprin, moleskin, fold up scissors, duct tape, I wrap a few feet around a business card, handi wipes, nail clippers, twezzers, small eyeglass repair kit, sewing needle & thread, small pen & paper, emergency phone numbers, I had at least one other important thing but it fell out of my head.
    Moose
    Also add a couple kleenex wrapped in plastic wrap. I carry a book of matches and chapstick too. The chapstick burns well and will get a fire going really quickly (I live in the boonies/almost the great north woods). I keep money in my bag too, small bills though. I want to be able to pay for, well whatever, when the power is out. A frequent occurance around here.
    Don't forget a extra house key and the saftey pins.
    Last edited by Moose; 06-16-2013 at 06:50 AM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

May I add dental floss. Excellent for emergencies. Google it!
    Moose likes this.

Yes, dental floss thank you that's what fell out of my head. You can sew up anything with it.
    Moose
    yohopee likes this.

A miniature bottle of scotch, bourbon, gin, vodka or whiskey of your choice.

If you get hurt and are in pain, you can drink it. If stress gets really bad, you can drink it. If you get a cut or abrasion, you can pour some of it on the wound to disinfect it and drink the rest to help with any discomfort you might have. If your blood sugar should drop and you need a little burst of energy, just break the seal and imbibe.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post

If you get hurt and are in pain, you can drink it. If stress gets really bad, you can drink it. If you get a cut or abrasion, you can pour some of it on the wound to disinfect it and drink the rest to help with any discomfort you might have. If your blood sugar should drop and you need a little burst of energy, just break the seal and imbibe.
    I am adding this to my kit! Good one!

Seems vodka would be good as a disinfectant for just about anything. The only catch I can see is having to temporially move it to your 311 bag if flying. A small bother for the benefit it could provide. Like yohopee I'm adding one to mine.
    Moose
    yohopee likes this.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    FrankII you made me laugh, hard and out loud. My kids are staring at me trying to figure out what's wrong with mom.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post

Good one FrankII! My jaw drop, Dorayme burst out laughing, Moose and Yohopee smile and give thumbs up.
    yohopee likes this.

Try this mini vodka bottle!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Janine likes this.

Additional suggestions more on the line of Moose's EDC Emergency Kit are welcomed, said the Victorian Backpack.

Yohopee what do you think would happen to that bottle if forgotten in an EDC bag, also used for travel?

It would run off by itself because it is so different looking.
    yohopee likes this.

Ha, ha!

More suggestions? Well, I am sure that most of us already carry a whistle, but a spare one clipped to the emergency kit would be handy. Acme makes a glow in the dark version (I had one for about 15 years until it finally broke). There are many options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by yohopee View Post
    Ha, ha!

More suggestions? Well, I am sure that most of us already carry a whistle, but a spare one clipped to the emergency kit would be handy. Acme makes a glow in the dark version (I had one for about 15 years until it finally broke). There are many options out there.
    Look!

Tri-Power Safety Whistle - Worlds Foremost Advanced Multi-Purpose Safety Whistle - TOM BIHN

I have one and I love it!
    yohopee likes this.

Right, whistle, good one. Should add one of them too.

I have two flashlights with me every day. One small one on my key chain and another in my purse. It is darker than a pocket here nine months of the year. Late December/early January the sun comes up late and sets by four in the afternoon, or earlier.
    Moose

Ah! I forgot something important, a small mirror. Especially if you plan back country trekking. Ideal for signaling, starting fires, and looking good!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0