Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Personality Types

Personality Types

My old college roommate got me really interested in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality types years ago, and I find myself bringing it up far too often in conversation.

I was talking to a friend a couple days ago about efficient/light packing, and I was telling her all about how great I think packing cubes are. (Though, I'll admit, this is a recent revelation for me.) She wasn't convinced, and I ended with saying that maybe the organization of it just appeals to the "J" in me. (She is a "P" type.)

This got me wondering if the kind of people who like packing cubes and efficient packing and whatnot are "J" types like me. I'm an ENTJ, very heavy on the NTJ, for what it's worth.

So, for those of you familiar with MBTI, where my "J"s at?

And for those of you not familiar...
    Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-...Type_Indicator
    Online test: Free Jung Personality Test (similar to MBTI / Myers Briggs)
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

I believe I am classified as an INTJ.

Will check this thread again in the morning! I've been on the computer too long

I am chaotic neutral. Oh, wait! That's another classification...

According to this test, I am INTJ. Interesting...

I came up as an ISTP on the test. I didn't know what a packing cube was until I came across Tom Bihn while searching for a new messenger bag.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hmmm: INFJ
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

ESTJ .....

istj!

i took a two-day class through work about mbti-related things (they pulled a lot from this book: Amazon.com: Type Talk at Work (Revised): How the 16 Personality Types Determine Your Success on the Job (9780440509288): Otto Kroeger, Janet M. Thuesen, Hile Rutledge: Books). it was seriously interesting!

ISTP - "Engineer"

Whaddya know... I'm actually in the engineering field.
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

INTP - rarest type for a woman - shoulda been an architect according to them.

INFP here --- I was told I was the rarest of the bunch. Given I only know of one other INFP to date, seems reasonable so far.

I LOVE this thread!!

I also love the MBTI- hubby likes to tease me about wanting to assess everyone

I'm an INFP and I wasn't even aware of the existence of packing cubes until I became a TB convert I've since tried them and love them...though this admittedly has more to do with packing/organizing my 8 children than with any latent "J" tendencies!

INTP. Hmmm. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by photocat View Post
    INFP here --- I was told I was the rarest of the bunch. Given I only know of one other INFP to date, seems reasonable so far.
    I was INFP too - I've never met another one. I took the test in '96 or '97 though and have always wondered if/how it would have changed since then. I've just recently started experimenting with packing cubes thanks to my TB addiction, and I'm still rather undecided about them.

nsh
    I am an ENFJ!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0