Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Travel Dresses

I've been looking at the Icebreaker dresses but am disappointed that they're not offered in any sizes larger than a XL. I usually wear a 16 or 1X in dresses :/ So far I haven't had much luck trying to find similar items to Icebreaker in plus sizes.

That must be frustrating. I imagine it's hard to find performance-type gear in those ranges, it's only recently that they started offering petites (just as aggravating, in a different direction I used to have to shop in the children's section to find my size... not all styles and patterns were flattering for a grown woman!)).

Have you tried non-performance brands? This is probably a better strategy for cold-weather gear (alas for the lack of summer wear), e.g. merino tops or pants. Or what about menswear separates? Would it work to pair XXL tops in Icebreaker, Ibex, Smartwool, Minus33, Outlier with athletic skirts/skorts? All while sending/posting continuous requests to the manufacturers for a wider range of sizes in their dress styles, of course. (Attack on all fronts!!)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLib View Post
    I've been looking at the Icebreaker dresses but am disappointed that they're not offered in any sizes larger than a XL. I usually wear a 16 or 1X in dresses :/ So far I haven't had much luck trying to find similar items to Icebreaker in plus sizes.

Hi ChaosLib

three merino dresses for plus sizes

Dress | Woolerina up to size 18
    Indigo Shift Dress ~ Smitten Merino up to size 14 loose fit
    Gabi Dress ~ Smitten merino up to size 16 very very loose fit

hope that helps

Pangifone stay blessed. You have completed your shopping and now wait for the day of departure .Purple is my favorite colour.I is anxious to see your dresses whenever you will be free show me your dresses via post. The purple dress posted by Gochicken is really trendy dress with all the matching accessories. Ok Pangifone wishing you best of luck for your trip.

Lovely!! I had not heard of Smitten before. The clothes are gorgeous (so are the models, though I guess that's by definition ).

Quote Originally Posted by bijoux View Post
    Hi ChaosLib

three merino dresses for plus sizes

Dress | Woolerina up to size 18
    Indigo Shift Dress ~ Smitten Merino up to size 14 loose fit
    Gabi Dress ~ Smitten merino up to size 16 very very loose fit

hope that helps

Thank you

One of the dresses I just ordered smells very strongly of scented detergent, and it's giving me a headache even after a wash in mild detergent (Eucalan) and vinegar, and a couple of hours outside. I guess this is the downside of a generous return policy! (that is, I'm guessing this was a return by someone else)

Am waiting for a response back from Athleta (they are sold out in my size, or I'd exchange it), and in the meantime I've put it back in a soak (soap & more vinegar). But does anyone have additional suggestions for getting rid of the smell? I am worried about leaving it to soak overnight, since it's made of swim material.

Let it air out, outside, for a day or two in the shade?
    haraya likes this.

Thanks ChaosLib! Yes, that's my next step (I haven't been able to leave it outside for long periods, because we've had several days of violent afternoon thunderstorms, and I'm not always home to pull it inside in case of bad weather. Too bad I can't train the dog to do that! ). Hopefully the smell has decreased a little, from this last wash! Anyway I may pick up some baking soda, and Mirazyme if that still doesn't work.

The baking soda is a good idea. It has always taken care of scent issues for me. I would soak the dress in water with baking soda, then try the vinegar rinse again (because it works as a fabric softener).
    haraya likes this.

FYI, if anyone is looking to add to their merino wardrobe, or interested in trying it out for the first time, Ibex (use code WINTERSAVE14) and Icebreaker are both having sales right now. Please go buy all their wares, so I am not tempted!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanisol View Post
    The baking soda is a good idea. It has always taken care of scent issues for me. I would soak the dress in water with baking soda, then try the vinegar rinse again (because it works as a fabric softener).
    Thank you, Shanisol! I hadn't gotten to the grocery store yet (for baking soda), so last night I left it in a soak of Seventh Gen free and clear detergent, a squirt or two of Dawn dish soap, and a generous dollop of vinegar. I am happy to say that the vinegar did the trick, finally - there's a faint hint still of the scent, but nowhere near as objectionable as yesterday's. Once it dries all the way through, I'll see if it needs one more wash, or is good to go!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0