Sewing table help

Seems like there are a few around here who sew in their spare time so I thought I would ask for some help for my better half on the search of the "perfect" sewing table.

The closest thing to perfect she has found is this one from Horn of America. The key features she would like are
    1. sewing surface is flush with cabinet surface (this is usually a custom feature based on sewing machine)
    2. Back extension to support heavy projects like quilts and curtains

The only reason she doesn't like the one in the URL is the finish. She says she's searched everywhere but hasn't found anything else that comes close. She wants to get something cheap from Walmart that will be "good enough" for a while but I think it would be better to find a piece that is exactly what she wants and pay extra for it.

Any ideas?
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

ceb
    On most hideaway tables, the lift is adjustable to get the sewing surface flush with the cabinet top and most manufacturers have drop in covers for different sewing machines.

Consider carefully if you really want an electric lift. How often will you be raising and lowering the machine and the electrics add complexity and cost.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Lightbulb

Has she looked into the Koala Sewing Studio furniture? YouTube

If you go to their website, they also have custom inserts so that the bed of the machine is flush with the cabinet.
    http://www.sewingandcraftclub.com/in...TOKEN=94420044
    Last edited by Grandcache; 05-12-2013 at 01:06 PM.
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Also, there is a more compact model at http://www.sewingandcraftclub.com/in...ategory_id=303

It is available in a variety of configurations.
    Last edited by Grandcache; 05-15-2013 at 04:47 AM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0