Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Fat Crip

Thread: $45 postage is cheap as chips!

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills

$45 postage is cheap as chips!

I live in the UK and my brother lives on the Mediterranean island of Cyprus. Both countries are in the European Union and rather closer together than Seattle is to Scotland. It costs $45 or a bit less than 30 to have a TB parcel with a Tri-Star, an Aeronaut and a bunch of accessories to me and I always whinge about it! However, I have just tried to send my brother, in Cyprus, a slightly smaller box containing a new screen for his motorcycle that weighs just 300grammes (well under a pound) and DHL want 99 ($165) and Parcel Force... wait for it 192 ($316)! All because of a thing called 'volumetric weight' i.e. because of its size (it's in a box 50 x 45 x 22cm weighing, all in, 1348 grammes) its 'volumetric weight', when rounded up is charged as being 10 Kg (22 lb)! It would be cheaper for me to fly to Cyprus and back with it under my arm, than to post it!

I wholeheartedly apologise for every mean word I've said and even meaner thought I've had in this regards, and if I ever whinge about TB postage again, please refer me to this post!

Name:  Bike Screen.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  64.8 KB

The plethora of TB ephemera is gratuitously included on the pretence of providing scale!
    Last edited by Fat Crip; 05-10-2013 at 10:28 AM.

That's completely crazy! 192 for 300g... methinks they're expecting jam on it! However it does, as you say, put things in perspective...

Have you thought of trying UPS?
    A45 crimson/steel; TS navy/solar; S19 nordic/steel; P nordic/solar; CP black/steel; SE wasabi; CQPC iberian, solar; Ri aubergine/steel; 3DCC cardinal; TSS4 wasabi; K cardinal; TT solar,nordic,black; CC cardinal/steel; PCBP solar; PP navy; + packing cubes galore!

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    Have you thought of trying UPS?
    Currently we're working on the 'under the arm' method! A friend is heading out there in a couple of weeks, and he'll take it with him.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0