Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By daisy

Thread: can't find a thread - insert suitable for synapse...

can't find a thread - insert suitable for synapse...

I have seen a (nonTB) product mentioned - i'm fairly sure it was on these forums - which was a velcro (loop part) panel that could be configured with various pockets etc - it was not rectangular but wider at the bottom than the top.

I thought I'd noted it down but my search of my own notes and here has been fruitless.

vague I know but perhaps someone remembers such a thing mentioned in a discussion of using additional organising options inside a TB backpack - one apparently fits the synapse(19) and the other was larger .... perhaps one of the EDCForums people mentioned it ....

it's driving me crazy but now that I've put the question out there I can stop trying to remember and get some sleep! (first world problems .... )
    List under construction ....

Those pulls are awesome. No plastic is good! What length are they? Thanks.

ceb
    Do you mean Grid-it? They are rectangular though but come in many sizes.

I have a couple sized to fit in the large front pocket of the WF and I don't find them all that helpful. While they are good for organization, they use lots of space and little pouches are much better.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Ceb, nope not gridit - I've looked at them and they don't appeal. I remember going to the site that sold the ones I'm referring to - they were beige/sand in colour and looked like a stiffened sheet of loop ...

I'm tussling with my new synapse ... I can't get past the desire for easily accessed storage inside the main compartment - it will break my heart if I have to decide it's not the bag for me ....

I will try to construct a more subtle search now that I've had a kip. Or maybe it was on the edcforums - which I don't want to have to join just to run a search (one life, too many fora)

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    I think this might be the thread you're looking for here

http://www.tombihn.com/forums/questi...*too*-big.html

I thought I saw a post about a new accessory in the works for the Synapse to utilize the space at the top of the bag in the main compartment; now if I could only find it again....lol
    Last edited by Lara; 04-28-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    Aeronaut 45; Synapse 19; Co-Pilot; PCBP & other packing cubes; Swift; 2 x Little Swifts; Side Effect; 5 Shop Bags; Small Cafe Bag; 6 Travel Trays; 4 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes; Cache ; Guardian Lights; 3 x 3D Clear Organizer Cubes; 3 x 3D All-Fabric Organizer Cubes; 4 Yarn Stuff Sacks; 8 Clear Organizer Wallets; many, many pouches; Cafe Messenger Stabilizer.

OMG that's it! (post three of that thread) Thank you Lara!!

a new TB accessory would be great but only if it somehow fits on those sideways o-rings .. hmmm ... i've tried stringing a 3Dcube there but it doesn't work.

the synapse(19-original, to distinguish it from the updated ones coming down the pipeline) ... is too narrow to use the UMP at the top (afaik) but a mini UIMP (upper inner modular pocket .. teehee) would be great .. I know the side pockets are meant to handle phones and pens etc but my phone just doesn't fit well there .....

on another note - it's amazing how quickly one's TB gear becomes vintage due to product development .. I have an 'original' ristretto and now an 'original synapse' before it's even been used in anger.
    jeffmac likes this.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    I don't have a Synapse yet, so can't help with any suggestions, but I did finally find that post....there's a link to it below. It's on page 7 of the thread - post #101, and then there were several responses. The discussion was about the Synapse 25 with the new features, but there are many creative people on this forum; maybe someone will chime in with some inventive solutions for your original S-19!

Introducing the: Synapse 25, Guardian Strap-Mount Light, Glowire, and a new video
    Aeronaut 45; Synapse 19; Co-Pilot; PCBP & other packing cubes; Swift; 2 x Little Swifts; Side Effect; 5 Shop Bags; Small Cafe Bag; 6 Travel Trays; 4 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes; Cache ; Guardian Lights; 3 x 3D Clear Organizer Cubes; 3 x 3D All-Fabric Organizer Cubes; 4 Yarn Stuff Sacks; 8 Clear Organizer Wallets; many, many pouches; Cafe Messenger Stabilizer.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0