Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    563

    Keys in your bag

    Am I the only one who feels just a bit insecure about leaving your keys in your bag? I suppose this is second nature to women who use a purse as I assume keys are commonly put in a purse. But I just can't get myself to leave my keys in a bag thinking something will happen to the bag or I'll be a dummy and lock the thing in a car somehow.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,540
    The solution to your problem is an Utility Strap affixed to your belt!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by pretzelb View Post
    Am I the only one who feels just a bit insecure about leaving your keys in your bag? I suppose this is second nature to women who use a purse as I assume keys are commonly put in a purse. But I just can't get myself to leave my keys in a bag thinking something will happen to the bag or I'll be a dummy and lock the thing in a car somehow.
    I've always been very nervous putting 3 things in a bag, rather than in my pants pockets--I'm a guy, so I almost always have at least 3 pockets, if not 4-6:

    1) keys
    2) wallet
    3) cell phone

  4. #4
    Registered User PGJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    La Jolla, CA
    Posts
    49
    I do have a memory like a sieve but I am not afraid to keep my keys in my bag. Usually I'm like autolycus. My rule is to never have my keys and wallet or anything identifying where I live in the same bag. I don't want a home intruder and have to change all my locks if they are lost. My agenda has my name and email address and both my phone and laptop are locked with a password and a small piece of tape telling the finder to contact me via email if found. The email address is one of several I have but not connected to any other so even if they hack that they will get nothing sensitive and I figure by the time they have hacked the phone or the computer I will have alerted all those that need to be.

    I have actually forgotten my bag twice but had it and its contents returned. Been lucky I guess.

  5. #5
    Registered User nukediver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Metuchen, NJ
    Posts
    346
    This is when it's good to be a little bit OCD - I am ALWAYS checking my pockets and bag

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    I've always been very nervous putting 3 things in a bag, rather than in my pants pockets--I'm a guy, so I almost always have at least 3 pockets, if not 4-6:

    1) keys
    2) wallet
    3) cell phone
    I am the same way. But I find that as my phone gets older I am more apt to leave it in a bag. However now that phones are getting larger it is harder to fit them in pockets, especially jeans.

    Even them I find myself checking for all 3 items every so often. I guess that is why the idea of having them in a bag is concerning. Unless the bag is on me at all times I can't do that.

    It's a shame because the key rings are so good for holding ..... your keys. I just can't seem to part with them.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    328
    My keys get hooked on a long key strap and then clipped in my bag. They only time they come out of the bag is when I drive, which isn't that often. (The BF usually drives us everywhere) I like the long strap because I can unlock doors, etc. without removing the keys. I tend to lose my keys so this has made a huge difference for me. Wallet is same way. On a long key strap and clipped to the bag. It NEVER comes off the strap. As long as I have my bag, I'm good to go. I think as a woman, we are so used to carrying a bag that we keep it close at all times. Obviously theft is always a concern but I'm more worried about just dropping or losing something. Cell phone is a-whole-nother story. If I could figure out how to put a key strap on that bad boy, I would!

  8. #8
    Registered User Fat Crip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Posts
    587
    Quote Originally Posted by darbs View Post
    My keys get hooked on a long key strap and then clipped in my bag. They only time they come out of the bag is when I drive, which isn't that often. (The BF usually drives us everywhere) I like the long strap because I can unlock doors, etc. without removing the keys. I tend to lose my keys so this has made a huge difference for me. Wallet is same way. On a long key strap and clipped to the bag. It NEVER comes off the strap. As long as I have my bag, I'm good to go. I think as a woman, we are so used to carrying a bag that we keep it close at all times. Obviously theft is always a concern but I'm more worried about just dropping or losing something. Cell phone is a-whole-nother story. If I could figure out how to put a key strap on that bad boy, I would!
    Except for me not being a woman, and my wife tends to drive everywhere, I'm absolutely the same as you! I always used to have phones with a lanyard ring on them, but iPhones don't have one mine lives in an Otterbox Defender case which is harder to drop, but survives well if I do, and yet still fits in the organiser pocket in my EDC Ristretto.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,540
    I have used Small Pouches my phones for a very long time, they are secured to my bags with The 5/8 inch Shoulder Strap (that is used to turn 3D Pouches into minimalists and cute bags.)

    I also have another to secure my Public Transport Card Pouch (very handy during months when gloves are needed)


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0