Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By lomo
  • 1 Post By Fat Crip

Thread: re using TB boxes at UPS

re using TB boxes at UPS

I reused my TB box to send some art to a friend--because it fit and I am NEVER getting rid of my EB on eBay and that is that.

The guys at the UPS store had a slight fit over the carbon neutral labels on the box. They made a big production of sticking white labels over them. "We don't want it to get delayed." (What? Like stuck in the "carbon neutralizing machine"?)

Anybody have a similar experience?

Not at UPS, but I shipped a Hyperlite Mountain Gear backpack to its new home in a TB box via USPS and no-one blinked an eye. I did cover the UPS labels but that was all. Thanks to the dimensions, Priority with tracking cost just $1.75 more than First Class.
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills

re using TB boxes at UPS

I have a bit of a fetish about this. If I'm reusing a TB box to send on a TB bag or an apple box to send on an apple product etc. then I reuse the box as is, but if say, I was sending an Apple product in a TB box or an Olympus camera in an Apple box etc. I turn the box inside out. Either way, I like to wrap the box in brown paper and string (it's one of my favourite things after all) to keep prying, acquisitive eyes out. I know it's odd, but that's just me and my eBay buyers seem to like it as it often gets a positive mention either in my feedback or in a thank-you email.
    Last edited by Fat Crip; 03-30-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    daisy likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lomo View Post
    The guys at the UPS store had a slight fit over the carbon neutral labels on the box. They made a big production of sticking white labels over them. "We don't want it to get delayed." (What? Like stuck in the "carbon neutralizing machine"?)
    Heh, carbon neutralizing machine. Pretty funny -- the carbon neutral logos on our shipping boxes actually went through a UPS approval process.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0