Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By nukediver
  • 1 Post By nsh
  • 3 Post By Moose
  • 2 Post By jujigatame

Thread: Finding Nemo!

Finding Nemo!

Just curious to see how everyone here in the Northeast is doing with Nemo? Here in Central NJ, we averaged a measly 8" of snow. Some of my friends in CT have over 24"!!!

Here in northern Rhode Island, we got almost 30 inches of snow.

In western long island we got about 16 inches. The Eastern side got over 27!

nsh
    I live in a suburb of Boston and got over 24 inches. Thank goodness we have a private plow that will do our driveway because it is heavy wet snow to shovel...We are thankful we still have power too because lots of our friends do not. Stay warm!

I'm about five hours north of Boston. I have no idea how much we've gotten. Maybe ten to twelve inches. The trouble is the wind. It has (is still) blowing drifts ankle to thigh deep. It isn't too cold either, twenty degrees at the moment. I've kept the wood stove on a slow burn and am curled up with Oliver. All in all a very good day.
    Stay warm
    Moose
    PS: Gorham Maine (south of me) is reporting 35 inches.
    Last edited by Moose; 02-09-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    Darcy, TavaPeak and nsh like this.
    SE in olive, plum S19, SE, pouches and Field Journal. uv S19, Shop Bag, Yarn Sack and organizer Pouches. Synapse25 in steel/uv. Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, SE, Swift & Kit in black. Absolute Strap, steel Kit and small dyneema Pouch, wrist straps, kiwi Swift, Citizen Canine & Kit. Abergine Tri Star, Kit and SE. Wasibi & uv Organizer Cube Pouches, July 4th pouch, December 2011 & 2012 Mystery Gift, 2013 parapack mystery gift and last but not least I'm proud FOT.

Nearly a foot of snow in NYC. Apparently we were spared the brunt of the storm.

20-24" of snow here in NH.

I think we got about 2 feet at my house but the wind made most everything into a larger drift closer to 3 feet.

First four pictures are a little after 8AM Saturday.

Remaining pictures are after 4PM Saturday.

The east facing coast of Mass had some large impacts at high tide. The wind made for huge waves. Still a lot of folks without power. We never lost ours but it flickered several times. Roads were passable today but it was a pretty slow go on some of them. Reduced road width makes it tricky in some spots. I don't know how the school buses are going to fare tomorrow. There were the requisite few who tried to solve the lack of grip with increased throttle. At least it was mild today for cleanup.
    Darcy and photocat like this.