Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Other Favorite Brands

Other Favorite Brands

Everyone here is so knowledgable and seem to be, like me, pretty loyal to their favorite brands. So I am curious, what other favorite brands/products do you like?

I really like Klean Kanteen, Humangear, Able Brewing (coffee brewing supplies) and Apple.

Gomadic....not only are their products excellent, their customer service is on par with Tom Bihn's.

Gomadic Corp.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Keen shoes. Smartwool socks. Patagonia clothing. LL Bean for all sorts of things at a good value and with excellent service. Valve Software.

Filson, Barbour, Blundstone, Rhodia, Birkenstock, Fluevog, Levis, Lego....

Shoes: Camper, Vibram FiveFingers, Scarpa
    Clothing: Patagonia, J. Crew (yeah, I know), Smartwool
    Office: Field Notes, Pilot and Zebra (pens), Moleskine, Apple
    Apps: Scrivener, Quicksilver, Evernote, Dropbox
    EDC items: Klean Kanteen, W.S. Badger (lip balm)
    Gin: Anchor Junipero, Smalls, Leopold's, Anchor Genevieve, Letherbee, St. George

(Why is my gin list the longest one??)

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Shoes: Camper, Vibram FiveFingers, Scarpa
    Clothing: Patagonia, J. Crew (yeah, I know), Smartwool
    Office: Field Notes, Pilot and Zebra (pens), Moleskine, Apple
    Apps: Scrivener, Quicksilver, Evernote, Dropbox
    EDC items: Klean Kanteen, W.S. Badger (lip balm)
    Gin: Anchor Junipero, Smalls, Leopold's, Anchor Genevieve, Letherbee, St. George

(Why is my gin list the longest one??)
    Badger, we have a lot in common. I love jcrew and smartwool. Have you seen the field notes archive box?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlin View Post
    Badger, we have a lot in common. I love jcrew and smartwool. Have you seen the field notes archive box?
    Yes, and I want it although I have no reason to buy it. My handwriting is so small I go through a notebook like once every year. But it's so, so tempting.

Re: J. Crew: while a lot of it is overpriced, I do appreciate that they use good-quality fabrics and that they have partnerships with some really good, well-established companies. I'm particularly excited that they're carrying Billykirk leather goods, which are very handmade and very US-based. They make this really awesome wallet that I would love to have (hint, hint, Mrs B.).

Outdoor Research is my favorite outerwear maker. They make the puffy that I just bought that makes winter bearable. I love my Surly bike. My iPhone 5 is my constant companion. Mission Workshop is a great company that makes backpacks and bags for bike messengers and commuters.

I really love ecco shoes. I know they're a big multinational nowadays, but some of their shoes are still made in Slovakia (at least some I have) and as far as good shoes for traveling go they are absolutely the most comfortable while still passing for dress shoes. I have some Allen Edmonds, which is a great dress shoe brand, but they don't feel nearly as nice as ecco's for walking all day in. My two pair of eccos are actually more comfortable for all day walking than tennis shoes.

Maxpedition.

Fluevog, Apple (although they've annoyed me lately), Sock-dreams.com (more of a storefront than a brand), Green & Blacks

A few off the top of my head:

KAI, Carhartt, Glenrothes, Blantons, Vasque, Merrell, Vosges, Glock, Hydro Flask, Steel Flame, Cabelas...
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

Totally stealing Badger's list idea (because I'm lazy like that)~

Shoes: Keen, Merrell
    Clothing: Gramicci, LL Bean & Columbia (mostly because they understand that not every woman is tiny), SmartWool, and my new fave Deva Lifewear
    Office: Levenger (Circa notebooks & True Writer roller ball pens), Moleskine, Apple
    Apps: Evernote, Dropbox, Things, Camera+
    EDC: Klean Kanteen, GroovyStand (for my iPad)
    Alcohol: Dogfish Head 120-Minute IPA, Kirkland Signature Vodka, Bundaberg Rum (sadly unavailable in the US; I sip mine), Gran Patron Platinum tequila

nsh
    Clothing: Icebreaker
    Shoes: Dansko clogs, Frye boots, and Old Gringo for my cowgirl boots
    Furniture and Household: Room and Board
    Skincare/haircare/beauty: Desert Essence (especially the organic jojoba oil)
    Pens: I love those Bic America 4 color pens because they are perfect for grading/reading/notes and I only need to carry one pen to do it all.
    Last edited by nsh; 12-28-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nsh View Post
    Clothing: Icebreaker
    Shoes: Dansko clogs, Frye boots, and Old Gringo for my cowgirl boots
    Furniture and Household: Room and Board
    Skincare/haircare/beauty: Desert Essence (especially the organic jojoba oil)
    Pens: I love those Bic America 4 color pens because they are perfect for grading/reading/notes and I only need to carry one pen to do it all.
    I really want to try icebreakers.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0