Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By alief
  • 3 Post By dorayme
  • 1 Post By backpack
  • 2 Post By Tlacltme

Thread: a vicarious visit to the workshop

a vicarious visit to the workshop

I mentioned my recent Tom Bihn interest to a friend who was headed to Seattle for the holidays. I call it "interest" but it may lean towards ...focus? ...curiosity? Oh, alright, it's an obsession. My normal MO is to obsess, analyze, make spreadsheets, compare, price shop and hopefully, by the time I've done all that, my obsession passes.

So guess what happened today. My friend is such an enabler. She called me and said "I'm here! It took a little effort to find it but we are at Tom Bihn HQ. Now, what do you want me to look at for you?" Squeeeeee!

The very patient Trevor pulled out a few this's and that's for her to look at. I asked her to compare the regular Dyneema with the uber-lightweight Dyneema Tri-Star. We agreed the Absolute Strap was a must. She thought the Travel Tray looked like a possibility as well as the Clear Organizer Cube with its hook. I'm a sucker for organizer-y type things so I asked her to look at a few of those as well.

The workshop is a little far for me to go just for a look-see but it was fun to visit vicariously. Everyone needs friends like this! Now, what to buy, what to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by alief View Post
    Everyone needs friends like this! Now, what to buy, what to buy?
    What an awesome friend! I have had the pleasure of visiting the factory/store one time. I hope to go again in the future as my Sister lives in a Seattle Suburb. In answer to your question above, BUY ALL OF THE THINGS!!!!!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Be warned that you will continue to to obsess, analyze, make spreadsheets, compare, virtual shop and hopefully, by the time you've done all that you will place your first order, but your obsession will never leave.

Your phrase was too good not to play with.
    Nickie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    . In answer to your question above, BUY ALL OF THE THINGS!!!!!
    dorayme is right! 'Round these here Forums you hear us regretting the things we didn't get- because color combos change, some styles change or are phased out. But it's much less common to hear us regretting what we did purchase

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0