Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 123veo
  • 1 Post By Lani
  • 1 Post By gochicken

Thread: Need to vent....

Need to vent....

So, I live in Vancouver BC. To save shipping costs, I usually have stuff that I've bought from the states mailed to a shipping/receiving company in Point Roberts WA. It's always worked, easy peasey. Until today. I made a Tom Bihn order last week (a nordic/UV SCB - a Christmas present) and it arrived at the Point Roberts address on the 30th. But was rejected by the receiver and rescheduled for deliver today. So today UPS's tracking details states "The receiver did not want the order and refused this delivery. / Returned to shipper." OMGWT*BBQ! So now I'm suspicious - I check out the shipping/receiver company's website. And it says:

"EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY MONDAY DECEMBER 3RD WE WILL BE RECEIVING ALL US MAIL. OTHER CARRIER PACKAGES WILL BE RECEIVED ON A SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS. THOSE PACKAGES FROM OTHER CARRIERS THAT WILL NOT FIT IN OUR FACILITY EACH DAY WILL BE MARKED AS REFUSED RETURN TO SENDER AND PLACED BACK ON THE TRUCK. WE EXPECT TO BE REFUSING BETWEEN 300 AND 600 PACKAGES A DAY." (their all caps, not mine).

REALLY? 3 weeks before Christmas? With no notice? No email? No phone calls? I am so cranky ! I sent them a cranky email.... sigh.

Anyways, thankfully the awesome folks at TB will be shipping the returned parcel to Canada when they get it back. And apparently, it will get here before Christmas. There, I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

Wow, that sounds terrible. You'd think they'd be smart about it and charge people extra if they take longer than a few days to pick up their items or something. Maybe it's time to find a new private mail box store?
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

I agree with Lani... that is awful customer service! I was curious about Point Roberts, WA, so I looked it up. Strange Maps: Border between Canada and USA « Proud Geek How interesting! I am up in Birch Bay now and then and thought that was close to Canada, but this location sure can't be beat. I can see why the company would want to be there, but they will have trouble staying in business if they are treating their customers like that! Hope you get your package soon!
    Lani likes this.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0