Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

ultra minmal traveling shoes.

i just love backing up kickstarter project and this one is amazing. perfect for traveling imo :

IGUANEYE freshoe : Ultra-minimal shoes inspired by Amazonian by IGUANEYE — Kickstarter
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

blackfungi, did you end up buying these? If so, how do you like them?

I didn't do the Kickstarter because they didn't have big enough sizes back then for me (I'm a US women's 9). Since then, I did order a pair in "gris" from their online store and I love them.

Now that the weather where I live is finally above freezing I pulled them out to wear again. After putting them on this morning, I remembered how much I love them, and ordered another pair in "anthracite." I'm happy to say that the falling Euro means the second pair was much cheaper than the first.

Anyway, I might be weird to revive such an old thread, but I remembered I had read about these on the TB forums somewhere, and wanted to see if anyone else here had them.

Forum Member
    Hmm, I've never seen these before - look interesting! @kathryn Do you have any experience with other barefoot/minimalist shoes? How do these compare? Hard to tell how wide the toe box is and if they're zero drop or not...

Can you post what size you ordered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: Coyote/Steel Swift * Wishlist: Keep Island

@ClairJ: I'm not a runner, really, and bought these more for just walking around (I'm not even sure what zero-drop means) but FWIW... at first I thought, "there is no way someone could run in these," when I tried them on. They are very thin and flexible and the toe box is ample for my narrow feet. They almost seem like they would fall right off. So, I took them out and ran around the backyard (I even hurdled a few big flower pots--don't ask what the poor neighbors thought). Verdict: they stay on really well, and I could see running in them. The insoles are cork, so as you wear them, they form to your feet. I don't know how fast the rubber would abrade if used for running on asphalt or concrete daily.

@kkintea: I was between sizes on the printable chart you can download from their store site, right between a 39 and 40. I went with the 40, and they seem perfect.

Those look amazing. Sadly, such shoes tend to not offer sufficient arch support for me. Still,they are a really cool design ☺