Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Non-shopping-related Black Friday activities

Non-shopping-related Black Friday activities

Let me preface this post by saying that I am not opposed to Black Friday shopping at all, and if you love to do it, I'm not trying to rain on your parade.

I am wondering, though, who has non-shopping related activities planned for the day after Thanksgiving. What are you going to do?

If nothing else, I hope some of you will join me in posting pictures of your epic post-Thanksgiving sandwiches.

DISHES!! Probably!
    Then a nap...

And watching as many movies as possible while eating leftovers.
    Then napping some more...

Rinse and repeat until Saturday.
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

Some folks thrive on black Friday shopping but it is not for me. Besides eating leftovers, and a yet to be determined movie marathon with friends I will bake and enjoy an apple birthday pie.

i am going to sleep FOREVER on black friday. we are hosting my partner's mom's (ENORMOUS) side of the family. i'll be up with the chickens to cook on thursday and furiously cleaning the house every day between now and then (cat-allergic family + one jerky cat who sprinkles his dander everywhere = can't really phone that in).

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar6 View Post
    I will bake and enjoy an apple birthday pie.
    We were just talking about pie yesterday, having picked up a lovely one in Wisconsin. I am so with you on the birthday pie; while we won't be having apple pie at my house, I'll be with you on Friday in spirit(s):

Pie, in a bottle, you just got to admire it; or at least I do. I am going to have to go searching for this. Geez, I just found the caffeinated clif bars today. What other great ideas do you have to add to the pantry?

Since we are attending the traditional Thanksgiving dinner at my Mom and Dad's on Thursday, my girlfriend ... wait ... make that FIANCEŽE cuz we just got engaged this weekend!!! ... moving on ... my fiancee and I are making our own Thanksgiving dinner on Friday so we can have leftovers the rest of the weekend. We're also hosting a work buddy of mine who has to work overtime on Friday until dinnertime, so we're doing a good deed in addition to making all our favorite dishes to pig out on!

Quote Originally Posted by tCook View Post
    we just got engaged this weekend!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    backpack and tCook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar6 View Post
    Pie, in a bottle, you just got to admire it; or at least I do. I am going to have to go searching for this. Geez, I just found the caffeinated clif bars today. What other great ideas do you have to add to the pantry?
    I will have to consider that carefully. For now, hot sauce? Or how about Mild Sauce for Hot People?

Many Congrats tCook!
    tCook likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tCook View Post
    my girlfriend ... wait ... make that FIANCEŽE cuz we just got engaged this weekend!!! ... moving on ... my fiancee
    Congratulations!! Woohoo!!!
    tCook likes this.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

No shopping for me - the family has decided over the last several years to not go crazy on gifts that are hard to choose, and that no one uses. Instead, I will be spending a lovely day with my great aunt and uncle, and my cousin. I'm sure there will be food involved. Maybe even pie. But not in a bottle; they are teetotalers. There may even be birthday pie for me as well - it is an annual tradition in my family to stick a candle in the Thanksgiving pumpkin pie and sing Happy Birthday to me. Before anyone thinks I am getting cheated out of a proper birthday celebration, let me just say this - I freakin' LOVE pumpkin pie, and who else gets an entire turkey dinner for their birthday?

No shopping for me, unless I need a few groceries. I'm hoping for some combination of coffee (as much as I want), leftover pie, music, crochet, and maybe some Xbox. Also, probably some booze. I believe that there is a hiking/picnic trip on Saturday, but that may be moved to Friday depending on the weather.

The post-Thanksgiving shopping has gotten completely out of hand, in my opinion.
    Last edited by snowbot; 11-20-2012 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Forgot the booze

We don't do Black Friday shopping either. I will definitely be sleeping in Friday since the past month has been crazy for me. I'm also thinking the pup and I will need a nice long walk so I can work off some of the massive calories consumed. The rest of the day will probably be spent watching whatever college football games are on. That evening we are meeting up with some of the BF's highschool friends for a mini-reunion of sorts they do every year. They are a fun crowd and there is good pizza, wings, and cold beer so I'm a happy camper.

I do my best to avoid in store shopping during the holiday season, as I am easily overwhelmed by the crowds and chaos. Our family tradition is to head to the San Francisco waterfront for the afternoon, and then on to Union Square in the evening for hot drinks and people watching. It's not completely chaos free, but way better than inside the stores.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0