Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Non-shopping-related Black Friday activities

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Ooh, Dogfish Head. I'm not sure what's up with their distribution, but it's become super hard to get Dogfish Head out here, which is quite the pity because the Indian Brown Ale was a fave of mine.

I was browsing the website and see that they distill gin. Have you tried it? Maybe you'll have an opportunity when you make your pilgrimage next weekend (skulks away jealously).
    I love the Indian Brown Ale. As far as trying the gin, I am not a gin lover AT ALL, so I am afraid I'll have to pass on that, sorry :-(

I am fortunate to live fairly close to the brewery, and even more fortunate to have a good friend who lives one town over, and is a good friend of Sam Calagione's wife. Whenever we go, we are guaranteed a place to sleep, good food and drink, and wonderful friendship (I sound a bit like a Hallmark card, no?). Perhaps I shall post some pictures of my excursion....

Quote Originally Posted by nukediver View Post
    Perhaps I shall post some pictures of my excursion....
    Yes, please.

My Black Friday involved a lot of lounging around with a cat on my lap punctuated by a brief excursion through a biting wind to a cafe that specializes in Belgian beers.

The Smart Alec and I went hiking on Saturday. It was a beautiful and crisp day.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled M-F programming.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbot View Post
    My Black Friday involved a lot of lounging around with a cat on my lap punctuated by a brief excursion through a biting wind to a cafe that specializes in Belgian beers.

The Smart Alec and I went hiking on Saturday. It was a beautiful and crisp day.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled M-F programming.
    Was this Belgian beer-centric café located in Madison? If so tell me tell me tell me . . .

Badger, yes.
    Brasserie V at 1923 Monroe St (where the late and much-lamented Atlas Deli used to be, followed by Relish Deli).

The place gets packed, so my advice is to get there before everyone else does. The bartenders know their beers and have been happy to give me a taster and to split a pour between two glasses. I've only eaten the mussels and fries, but they are consistently very good and enough to share.

If you come to town within the next couple of weeks, let's meet up for a beer.

Oh yeah, Brasserie V! I think they do a pretty nice charcuterie plate as well. I like that place a lot. If you're a fan of Belgian beers, and you haven't been to the Malt House on E. Washington yet, you must go. They also have a mind-blowing selection of bourbon, and you can get absinthe service there, too. There's no food available, but they don't care if you order Glass Nickel in.

I was just in Madison recently, and I'm bummed that I forgot you were in town. If I make it up there soon, expect a PM from me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0