Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Moose
  • 2 Post By Tlacltme

Thread: As Election Day Approaches.......

As Election Day Approaches.......

After watching my NY Giants lose to the Pittsburg Steelers, I watched the beginning of 60 Minutes. The subject of the opening piece, for those of you who didn't see it, was the current Congress having the biggest disapproval rating in history, and the culprit is the large body of politicians who's priority in life is to block the opposing party from bringing forth any structure that will improve our future, for fear that the said opposing party will get credit for doing good, thereby insuring that they'll get re-elected....so, they fillibuster, or threaten to, and stymie the entire system, and leave the American public as the real losers. One statistic that was alarming was the in Lyndon Johnson's day, he had to deal with one single fillibuster, and this current Congress had 234.

My question is, how do you stay optomistic??? I'm having trouble doing so.
    Owner, Fool On The Hill Recording, Nashville TN

I don't believe that the current two party system can be fixed in it's current state.
    There are bleak times ahead as we reap the whirlwind.

The solution is to start electing candidates that refuse to gargle in strict party platforms.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    Abraham Lincoln
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by BPritchard View Post
    I don't believe that the current two party system can be fixed in it's current state.
    There are bleak times ahead as we reap the whirlwind.

The solution is to start electing candidates that refuse to gargle in strict party platforms.
    But... but then they'll have bad breath...

- Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
    But... but then they'll have bad breath...

- Tim
    LOL, funny. :-D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

rlandis,
    I think two things need to happen. First, politicians would no longer be allowed special treatment, self approved pay raises, special health care, exceptional retirement benefits and so on. They have to live with all the rules they pass the same way we do. Second, everyone of them needs regular reminders that they work for "we the people", not their own pet projects.

Rant off
    Moose
    Last edited by Moose; 11-05-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

How do I stay optimistic? I take a look around the world...

And I feel fortunate that for all of the flaws in our system and the flawed people in our system, it's a pretty darn wonderful place to live.
    Darcy and Moose like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    How do I stay optimistic? I take a look around the world...

And I feel fortunate that for all of the flaws in our system and the flawed people in our system, it's a pretty darn wonderful place to live.
    +1
    We could definately have it worse. We have more power to change our lives (and politicians) than many places in the world.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0