Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: EDC Notebooks

EDC Notebooks

I'm a recent convert to Field Notes. I love the small format and high-quality paper, but I also love the attitude of the company.

Field Notes Website

What kinds of notebooks, if any, do you folks carry every day?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I discovered Field Notes through this site. Totally agree with you about the company. I love their little "films" (check this one out RED BLOODED), and I love the little books (my favorite is my red one with the rooster on it for my notes on my chickens). But for day to day notes.... I find I'm relying more and more on my iPhone. I was so tempted to get the 50 states Field Notes Set (I do love sets of things!), but restrained myself and bought TB stuff instead. To me Field Notes is like the TB of EDC Notebooks!
    Last edited by gochicken; 10-18-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

I use Field Notes to jot down anything related to my plans for world domination (the small size helps me manage my expectations).

For academic work—namely research and drafting by hand—I tend to use Moleskine flip reporters' pads, hard notebooks, and Volant notebooks.

I also use post-its. I have some with My Neighbor Totoro on them.

I love that video!

I love the rotating dry transfer notebook titles on this page. :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I also use post-its. I have some with My Neighbor Totoro on them.
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

KmK
    I am a Rhodia person myself... Love the orange covers, love the paper, the different sizes, the durable quality of the notebook in general, and love the options for grid, dot, or blank... I have two or three in my bag at any given time. I am also a Field Notes fan-- yes, love the videos and the sturdy utility.

People at work know me by my notebook, it is funny-- "You've always got that square orange one...you're always writing in that yellow thing...what's with the orange notebook?!" What can I say? As a writer, hooooeeeeee, I love my paper!
    Last edited by KmK; 10-18-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    I love that video!

I love the rotating dry transfer notebook titles on this page. :-)
    That's so cool! I'm sure I'd obsess over what to put on there... and did I get the letters all straight? What titles have you used?
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

the one i use most is my moleskine calendar (weekly, pocket size, horizontal format). been using them for manymany years now. i have tried others since, but just keep a-goin' back.

for non-calendar needs, i use either a leuchtturm1917 dots notebook (same features as moleskine plus numbered pages, a few perforated pages in the back and seem to be better quality in general) orrrrrr one of the multifin notebooks (like these: Cabero - Finocam | Multifin - Agendas - Recambios - Portadocumentos ... ). i've been hoarding those since i no longer have colleagues travelling to spain all the time. they used to snag them for me after i found my first couple in a stationary shop in madrid.

I joined the Fields Notes fanclub after the dry transfers were sold out. I crack myself up by thinking about what titles I would have selected, though. My favorite would be to just to put "FIELD NOTES" back on there, ha ha.

The transfers sheets have little lines above and below the letters to help you get things straight and space the letters pleasingly. I'd probably also lay down a light pencil line to help keep things tidy.

My favorite would be to just to put "FIELD NOTES" back on there, ha ha.
    Just found this video...

You could have done this video! He did exactly what you said, lines and all!!!

FIELD NOTES COLORS: DRY TRANSFER “________ EDITION”

OH MY GOOGLE, HE STOLE MY IDEA A YEAR BEFORE I HAD IT!

What kinds of notebooks, if any, do you folks carry every day?
    I have a little ring bound Atoma book which lives in my EDC, my TB small CB.

Name:  atomaBihn2.jpg
Views: 3055
Size:  40.7 KB
    List under construction ....

I don't go anywhere without my Field Journal Notebook, it is very handy to keep my ideas and thoughts and it is also a long term planning calendar. The size is perfect.
    I have a recycled paper scratch pad, the size of the Atoma above, in the front pocket.

I also use an Ampad recycled, letter size, notepad placed in a Large Pouch for long notes.

My computer reminds me what day we are and my phone what time it is and it also sounds the alarm so I move my self as well as the lovely Tom Bihn bag setup of the day and I don't run late for appointments.
    Last edited by backpack; 10-20-2012 at 04:03 PM.

I am a recent convert to the Leuchtturm 1917 for use as a journal. The version with the dots. Just wonderful, slightly better paper than a Moleskine, and numbered pages. For classes in which I take notes and don't need the size and weight of a hardback journal, I use whichever size of the Moleskine Volant is suitable.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0