Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: EDC Notebooks

  1. #61
    Forum Member TOBaggirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    137
    I've fallen in love with the Louis Vuitton agenda. It's the perfect small size for EDC, made well, classy, but here's the catch- what is essentially an empty 6 ring little binder costs $350. If I buy this I'm pretty sure my BF will send me to the ER to get my head examined. The only other pocket size agenda in binder style ( need to be able to remove and add paper) seems to be Filofax. But I can't find them in stores. I'd like to see it in person before I buy. Suggestions?
    Last edited by TOBaggirl; 08-05-2013 at 08:20 PM.

  2. #62
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,182
    Quote Originally Posted by TOBaggirl View Post
    I've fallen in love with the Louis Vuitton agenda. It's the perfect small size for EDC, made well, classy, but here's the catch- what is essentially an empty 6 ring little binder costs $350. If I buy this I'm pretty sure my BF will send me to the ER to get my head examined. The only other pocket size agenda in binder style ( need to be able to remove and add paper) seems to be Filofax. But I can't find them in stores. I'd like to see it in person before I buy. Suggestions?
    Maybe Tom is going to release a pocket size FJN?

    In the meantime, check small and big box stationary stores, especially now that it is back to school, you might find what your need.

    Do the same with scrapbook stores and craft stores as well as pen stores.

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    47
    You may wish to explore and post you question on the Fountain Pen Network. The forum "Paper and Pen Paraphernalia" is full of posts about all things notebook. Many helpful people will respond.

  4. #64
    Forum Member jannilee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    347
    Apparently Laywine's in Yorkville carries them. If you don't object to black i have two smallish filofax binders i no longer use that are looking for a good home. I would measure and take pics but I am in Paris and they are in Calgary.

  5. #65
    Forum Member TOBaggirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    Apparently Laywine's in Yorkville carries them. If you don't object to black i have two smallish filofax binders i no longer use that are looking for a good home. I would measure and take pics but I am in Paris and they are in Calgary.
    Thank you for your generous offer. I bought a pocket Filofax from their website (only $21!) and some inserts from Laywines. I've been learning about 6 hole punches, washi tape, paper cutters, Lamy pens (Im more of a pencil girl)...etc... who knew all this neat stuff existed? Not me. I'm having fun with this now. :-) If TB made a small version of the journal I'd be all over it.

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    77
    I've been using the Moleskine Evernote Squared edition. Right now I'm carrying the large one. I like the dotted square ruling on the pages... I don't always scan to Evernote, but when I do, the ruling disappears and I get a nice clear image. Also they come with a set of stickers that Evernote recognizes and thus can act as a tag within the Evernote system. Also the embossing on the front cover is just too cool.
    YonkDaddy!
    Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Steel/Wasabi Synapse25, Black/UV Synapse19, Black/Steel Western Flyer, Black Checkpoint Flyer, Steel/Wasabi Side Effect, Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Travel Tray, numerous packing cubes, organizer pouches

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy Need to find a small 6 ring hole punch

    Quote Originally Posted by TOBaggirl View Post
    Thank you for your generous offer. I bought a pocket Filofax from their website (only $21!) and some inserts from Laywines. I've been learning about 6 hole punches, washi tape, paper cutters, Lamy pens (Im more of a pencil girl)...etc... who knew all this neat stuff existed? Not me. I'm having fun with this now. :-) If TB made a small version of the journal I'd be all over it.
    Do you have any idea where I can find a small 6 ring hole punch for a Louis Vuitton PM Agenda.. I have had no luck!!

  8. #68
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    31
    If it uses the same spacing and hole size as a regular pocket or compact planner, you could probably find a Franklin-Covey punch to fit. I found an adjustable Swingline punch at a local stationary store once, that could accommodate several different planner sizes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •