Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Moose

Thread: Something not Made in the USA but should be....

Something not Made in the USA but should be....

Lawmakers Want ‘Made in China’ U.S. Olympic Uniforms Burned - ABC News

It seems that the uniforms the American athletes will wear at the Olympics aren't "Made in the USA." And a lot of people aren't happy about this.

BTW, the uniforms are not cheap. Here's a cost breakdown:
    Men:
    Beret $55
    Tie $125
    Belt $85
    Shirt $425
    Blazer $795
    Trousers $295
    Shoes $165

Women:
    Beret $55
    Scarf $58
    Belt $85
    Shirt $179
    Skirt $498
    Blazer $598
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Burned does not seem to be an environmentally friendly or sustainable solution. Just one persons opinion.

Shredding and using for stuffing pet toys would work for me.
    Take care
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

This bothers me on SO many levels.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

The size of the Ralph Lauren logo bothers me on many levels. Really... the focus should be on the sport, the athletes, and/or the country -- NOT the doofus designing the clothes.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0