Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: In my EDC bag

Lunch. (Hangs head in shame.)

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post

Lunch. (Hangs head in shame.)

I sure hope he doesn't fall...
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I know! It's really dangerous to go climbing without a helmet.

It's my summer of lunching dangerously.

Clif bars have caffeine?

Quote Originally Posted by snowbot View Post
    Clif bars have caffeine?
    The good ones do. Ha ha.
    Katy likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    It's my summer of lunching dangerously.
    On busy days during the year I make do with a Lärabar. That also sometimes ends up being the solution during airplane travel.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbot View Post
    Clif bars have caffeine?
    Caffeinated cliff bars AND a red bull; impressive. I do pack a lunch every day, but what was not in my photo is the obligatory Monster.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar6 View Post
    Caffeinated cliff bars AND a red bull; impressive. I do pack a lunch every day, but what was not in my photo is the obligatory Monster.
    Oh, I know. I'm like a fifteen-year-old. I feel like I should also have a bag of Doritos.

Monster! Wow. That's hard core.

Quote Originally Posted by darbs View Post
    I use the Staples ones too and LOVE them. What do you carry all of that in? And if you were to switch to a TB bag, which one would you use?
    You evil peeple! I am now the owner of a 8.5x5.5 Arc notebook. and I can see this leading down another rabbit hole! Thanks! ;>)
    Just and kellie16 like this.
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

Quote Originally Posted by joiedwards View Post
    You evil peeple! I am now the owner of a 8.5x5.5 Arc notebook. and I can see this leading down another rabbit hole! Thanks! ;>)
    I have a few. I kind of make my own now. I buy rings the dividers and the pouch and put them together, very handy for big project work. I also by a little elastic band that adheres to a cover for holding my pen.

I read the Lärabar thread linked above and then had to check out the webpage. I had always steered clear of the L-bars because I thought they all had walnuts. Now I know otherwise which might not be a good thing for me. I am fond of Kind bars. They are my fallback snack in airports. I have some stashed in my office, too. They go well with a cup of tea when I don't manage to bring enough for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar6 View Post
    Dichroic, nice kit!
    You may be able to get replacement ink cartridges for your space pen on Amazon.

In my photo above, above the red flashlight is a clip on led light that would go great in your kit. They are available at camping stores. Look for one that stays on (they do cost a little more), they usually will have a bright, dim and strobe function, and you can replace the battery on these.

The tool logic is a very useful tool, unfortunately I lost mine to TSA a few years ago.

I cannot say enough good about the Guardian Dual Function Light.

Guardian Dual Function Light: TOM BIHN

I bought the white one in 08 or early 09, the original button batteries still work.
    It had been used every time there has been a severe weather watch and warning, to check maps in the dark or foul weather, at night for reading without disturbing anyone.

It is with me all the time, it is really tough because it rides in my EDC or around my neck or is plopped on counters.

It is tiny and light but the beam is really really strong and can be turned into a strobe light.

The made in Canada, to law enforcement specifications, quality really shines. (just realized it makes for a cute pun)

Blog posts about the Guardian Dual Function Light, including reviews from other bloggers.
    Search Results Guardian Dual Function Light
    Darcy likes this.

Oh Joi, welcome to the club! I use the dividers and also have the pouch, but it doesn't stay in all the time. I LOVE my Arc notebook.

Badger, I often eat a similar meal, but instead of Red Bull, it is Diet Coke. I like the Kind bars and SOME of the Lara bars...some flavors aren't so much my cup of tea. I like the Pecan Pie one, but always feel like it needs more pecans! When I want a treat, it is a Special K meal bar; they come coated in chocolate.

@darbs, I used to drink Coke Zero with my Clif Bar, but it started to be too much liquid. (I also drink double ristretto espressos; it's just not a coffee break without the heart palpitations.) I like some Larabars, too, but they're sometimes too date-y for my tastes. There's a company called Element that makes custom energy bars and I was thinking about buying from them, except they don't have a caffeine option. If they did, I'd be all over it.

Actually, I stand corrected: they DO have caffeine as an option (runs; gets credit card).

Throw back a 5 hour energy; not only does your heart race but the niacin flush is exhilerating (sarcasm implied)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0