Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: EDC Flashlights

My most frequent Cadet carried light:

Zebralight SC51c. Nowadays I prefer the 1xAA format and use an eneloop. Also have a Photon Microlight II on my keychain.
    Aeronaut (crimson) with Absolute Strap, Synapse (navy), Smart Alec (black/steel/solar), Shop Bag (solar), cache for MBP, cache for iPad2, and numerous pouches and key straps.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar6 View Post
    My backup is a trusty mini mag light, made in the usa, with an led retrofit.
    I've stopped buying mag light product. I'm finding that the quality isn't what it used to be. I must have returned 3 this year, already.
    Owner, Fool On The Hill Recording, Nashville TN

I've used Maglites over the years, but they seem to be late to the LED game. So some of their designs seem to be mere adaptions, which sometimes work, and sometimes are a bit unwieldy.

I am moving towards a Fenix E01 or E05 for a EDC on a keychain. I had a Streamlight Nanolight, but its performance was erratic after about a year or so. Living overseas, AA and AAA batteries are more readliy available.

Fenix are awesome, as are surefire too. My small Fenix torch kicks out a lot of lumens for an LED torch. I wouldn't use a Maglite if you paid me nowadays. There are so many awesome torches that only take like one battery, CR123 type are good.

Quote Originally Posted by rawls View Post
    My most frequent Cadet carried light:

+1 on the mcgizmo haiku. I also use the smaller form factor aaa sapphire.

I picked up a Fenix E25 this afternoon and so far I am really happy with it.
    It won't fit in the belt holster I always carry during the day with a Multi-Tool and light in it but it is close.

It has an interesting switch on the side of the body near the head and has 3 fairly widely spaced brightness levels.
    What I like the most is that it is a standard 2-AA battery model which I tend to prefer in general to 123 models and I can see this as the King of EDC 2-AA lights for me for now!

It was also not Crazy Priced! and seems very well made,I think they have stepped it up a notch or 2 since my first Fenix in the quality and machined tolerance department.

Fenix's homepages

Of course its just fun too.

Ed

I carry almost always a Zebralight SC600 18650 light with two spare batteries (when I travel). This is one fantastic and super bright and lightweight light.

I have on order an SC52 that I will carry with AA Eneloops or Duracells when I travel.

Like others, I have a Fenix, Eagletec, Olight and Surefire around the house.

The SC600 is so unbelievably powerful in such a small package.

BTW, I recharge the 18650's in a Pila charger.

I received both the Zebralight SC52 and the EagleTac D25A Clicky Ti 2013 edition and these are the smallest, lightest and most powerful AA lights I have ever used. I will run Eneloops in these rather than 14500's.

Either will be my EDC (or mountaineering backup light) and especially for travel as they can take AA Alkalines and while traveling, this is much easier than CR123's and 18650's.

It's amazing how electronics and flashlights and LED's have become so powerful and small.

Quote Originally Posted by Climb14er View Post
    I received both the Zebralight SC52 and the EagleTac D25A Clicky Ti 2013 edition and these are the smallest, lightest and most powerful AA lights I have ever used. I will run Eneloops in these rather than 14500's.

Either will be my EDC (or mountaineering backup light) and especially for travel as they can take AA Alkalines and while traveling, this is much easier than CR123's and 18650's.

It's amazing how electronics and flashlights and LED's have become so powerful and small.
    I got My SC52 on Saturday and this light is astounding by every measure I think! It is impossible to appreciate just how tiny this is without holding it yourself yet with a single AA battery will either deliver 280 lumens output or months of continuous moonlight output or a combination of both.
    It is also built like a little jewel from a solid aluminum bar and the switching interface is a lot more flexible than you may think a single button could be.

I too carry an SC600w and an SC80 and an H502d.....OK clearly I have a problem but since discovering the Zebralight brand I have become a Disciple of the Striped Horse!
    Each of the ZL is unique for different reasons but they all share the traits of efficiency and UI that set them apart.

Darcy,I blame/thank you directly for bringing this thread to life! Let it be on your shoulders and also as the reason I have not been buying bags this season at all.

If I am coming clean here about my "Relapse" I have now added HDS,Zebralight,Peak,Muyshondt,F7,Jetbeam and Eagletac to my "Collection" and sometimes in multiples and my D25C Clicky should also be here this week along with an Armytek Predator.

I don't do anything just a little bit!

I can stop anytime but I just have the time to!

Thanks Again DARCY! For the Bright Idea!

They do all like being in the Synapse though?

Ed

Great, just when I thought I was satisfied with my two maglites, I can feel my wallet burning.

Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    Muyshondt
    You must be a fellow CPF member! Flashaholics unite! I have an Aeon I carry daily and am getting his newest (final) edition hopefully soon.
    --------------------------------

dlg
    Man, a Muyshondt would be nice. Instead I carry a Fenix LD01.

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    You must be a fellow CPF member! Flashaholics unite! I have an Aeon I carry daily and am getting his newest (final) edition hopefully soon.
    You picked up on that huh?

I have a Hard Blue Anodized Aeon on my right side Keychain,amazing light!

I have been tempted by the new version with the extra mode in Ti but....

I just need more pockets!

Quote Originally Posted by dlg View Post
    Man, a Muyshondt would be nice. Instead I carry a Fenix LD01.
    Yeah,the Aeon bumped my Stainless LD01 but I moved the Fenix to my RV Keys.

My daily carry is subject to change without notice as they say.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast