Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By AVService
  • 1 Post By TavaPeak
  • 1 Post By AVService
  • 5 Post By lonestar6
  • 1 Post By malamalama

Thread: But it's a Dry Heat!

But it's a Dry Heat!

We have had 2 days in a row now of 108 degree temps and I swear it does not seem like that big a deal to me?

Her in STL we ordinarily have 80% or higher humidity levels and often at about 95 degrees I am ready to call it quits and move somewhere nicer.

Somehow the last few weeks we have had humidity levels under 20% and so it feels like a Spring Break here to me even at 108 degrees on the thermometer?

So it IS a DRY HEAT and it does make a huge difference.

Anyone else?

Ed

On Tuesday, we had 101 degree heat (all time record for us) and 4% humidity. At this altitude, that is some serious heat.

When it gets to 20% humidity here, we all pull out fans and complain about the damp. Maybe we should be ask Tom for a Dyneema hand fan? Something that folds up and has a hook to attach to key strap.

I would rather have the heat than the fire though....anytime!

We have a place in Gunnison and they are under the warnings too and I am supposed to be in Florida right now on business but the place I was going is under water evidently?

I think I will be OK just baking right here!

Stay Safe.

Ed

Agreed Ed! I'm in Virginia and it is the 90 degree days that are far more miserable here because the dew points get into the 70s -- just an awful hot wet blanket feel that induces profuse sweating upon stepping out the door. It was 102 here I think today and actually far more tolerable...still quite hot obviously but a world of difference.

On a side note, I'm not sure I've actually experienced humidity less than about 30%. Maybe a random winter day...maybe.

sue

In the summer of 2003 I found myself in south central iraq. The thermometers we brought from the US had all broken because they only went to 120 degrees fahrenheit. We took to measuring the temperature with food thermometers. 1 day we measured 140 degrees fahrenheit. When I told my spouse the response was "but it's a dry heat, right." I suggested my beloved turn the oven on low, put their head in it, and let me know how it turned out.

My advice is to drink plenty of water.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar6 View Post
    In the summer of 2003 I found myself in south central iraq. The thermometers we brought from the US had all broken because they only went to 120 degrees fahrenheit. We took to measuring the temperature with food thermometers. 1 day we measured 140 degrees fahrenheit. When I told my spouse the response was "but it's a dry heat, right." I suggested my beloved turn the oven on low, put their head in it, and let me know how it turned out.
    Too funny. Even with a 6,000 mile headstart, I'm not sure I would have the courage to say that to my spouse.

Here in Hawaii it's always pretty humid. Right now it's 80 degrees and 52% humidity and I doubt the humidity gets any lower than that.

Anyone else first think of Jeff Dunham and Walter when they read the thread title?
    Katy likes this.
    Aeronaut (crimson) with Absolute Strap, Synapse (navy), Smart Alec (black/steel/solar), Shop Bag (solar), cache for MBP, cache for iPad2, and numerous pouches and key straps.

Quote Originally Posted by malamalama View Post
    Too funny. Even with a 6,000 mile headstart, I'm not sure I would have the courage to say that to my spouse.

Here in Hawaii it's always pretty humid. Right now it's 80 degrees and 52% humidity and I doubt the humidity gets any lower than that.

Anyone else first think of Jeff Dunham and Walter when they read the thread title?
    The heat had tested my judgement and I lost ;-)

I am sitting in middle Indiana tonight and the temperature and humidity are both 80.
    Last edited by lonestar6; 07-02-2012 at 08:30 PM.

The heat had tested my judgement and I lost ;-)

I am sitting in middle Indiana tonight and the temperature and humidity are both 80.
    Let me add because, for some reason the forum software is not letting me edit...
    I am a big Jeff dunham fan, but I am not seeing the connection.

We have a dry heat too. Its called the desert! But the coast of California has been cool so far. 3miles inland mid 80's and up.
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

I don't know who Jeff Dunham is?

Let me add because, for some reason the forum software is not letting me edit...
    I am a big Jeff dunham fan, but I am not seeing the connection.
    Walter on Arizona weather - YouTube
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Thanks Katy! I get it now :-)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0