Okay, I know I'm lame and never made the summer road trip play list I've been promising for like a year. I think part of it has to do with the fact that the most exotic place I'll be going this summer is Wisconsin.
Nevertheless, summertime still brings with it an opportunity to enjoy listening to some music, and I was wondering what you all are listening to. New stuff, old stuff--stuff that's not new but new to you?
According to iTunes, here's what I've been returning to so far this summer:
1. Radical Face, The Family Tree Vol. 1: The Roots [Deluxe Edition]. This is seriously one of the best things I've ever heard (his other album is amazing, too). The guy is a genius, and he records all his songs in his mom's shed. I got this at the tail end of April, and it's destined to be my most-played album of 2012. Best of all is that Vols. 2 and 3 are still to come.
2. Matthew and the Atlas, To the North. Whenever I think about "I Will Remain", I want to listen to it. Listening to it now.
3. This Will Destroy You, This Will Destroy You. I think this is sort of coincidental, because I was using "The Mighty Rio Grande" as background music for a writing presentation I did earlier this week. Because I am awesome.
4. An Horse, Walls. This was one of my faves last summer, too. So, um, the lyrics are a little repetitive, but if you did undergrad in the PNW in the late 90s or early 2000s, you will love the college radio-esque thing they've got going on. And they're Australian! Come on!
5. Katie Costello, Follow Your Every Beat [EP]. I'm kind of embarrassed about this one, because she seems a little sophomore year in college (which would make sense, since she's like 20), but I guess not embarrassed enough to not play it over and over.