Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Vitamix for the Seattle factory

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Vitamix for the Seattle factory

We just ordered a Vitamix for our headquarters/factory in Seattle so that anyone who wants to can make smoothies for lunch or breaks. (We know soup and even ice cream can be made with the Vitamix as well but we doubt anyone will be doing that at work...)

Any smoothie recipes you'd like to share with us?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    yay! you're going to love your vitamix!!

try 2 or 3 leaves of dino kale, 2 or 3 hands full of baby spinach, a hand full of raw almonds or walnuts, a spoon of ground flax seed, 2 or 3 ripe mangoes and water. if the mangoes aren't in season, i like to use pineapple, a ripe pear, a ripe banana and some green grapes in place of the mangoes.
    Sera likes this.
    -m

Oops, wrong thread!

Smoothies rock btw, we just don't have a powerful blender to make them at home.
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

Vitamix is expensive but awesome. You guys will love it!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

I can't wait!!!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Do you guys have access to ice at your office? Like a freezer/fridge in the break room? Vitamix makes wonderful slushies and smoothies. You can get the ice crushed down to where it's totally smooth (oh wait, did someone say frozen margaritas?)... very refreshing! You can even make your own nut butters. And frappuccinos. And soup! And and and!!!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

My sister in law uses frozen fruit instead of ice cubes, and a single-serve container of vanilla yogurt instead of ice cream, to make a milkshake smoothie. Her fussy-eater kids love them. The downside is that the frozen fruit does take freezer space. The vitamix could do a great job for these!
    Ego in Cardinal/Steel, Ristretto in Plum/Wasabi, Side Effect in Plum/Wasabi, Imago in Navy/Cork/Wasabi, Cafe Bags in Azalea, Turquoise, and Linen, TB Wallet, misc. pouches, and son's Brain Bag in Steel

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We know soup and even ice cream can be made with the Vitamix as well but we doubt anyone will be doing that at work...)
    Wouldn't make ice cream at work? You've *met* Katy, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tCook View Post
    Wouldn't make ice cream at work? You've *met* Katy, right?
    lol!

That would have been an awesome Monday evening project with the way the weather has been lately! Why didn't I think of this sooner?

As for making it at work I think making ice cream in the Vitamix would take a lengthy period of time (I've never done it so I can't be certain). So I'll likely just continue to make ice cream sans Vitamix at home and just bring it in for everyone . Plus, I don't need ice cream at work! You're a bad influence!
    tCook and TavaPeak like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    yay! you're going to love your vitamix!!

try 2 or 3 leaves of dino kale, 2 or 3 hands full of baby spinach, a hand full of raw almonds or walnuts, a spoon of ground flax seed, 2 or 3 ripe mangoes and water. if the mangoes aren't in season, i like to use pineapple, a ripe pear, a ripe banana and some green grapes in place of the mangoes.

That sounds really good Maverick!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I don't need ice cream at work! You're a bad influence!
    IDK, Katy. Sometimes ice cream is exactly what you need at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    As for making it at work I think making ice cream in the Vitamix would take a lengthy period of time (I've never done it so I can't be certain). So I'll likely just continue to make ice cream sans Vitamix at home and just bring it in for everyone . Plus, I don't need ice cream at work! You're a bad influence!
    I've got a Vitamix so I can speak on this a bit.

You don't really make "ice cream" per se; it'll be a little softer. But the rotor goes so fast that you'll get yourself some pretty firm stuff (think a little firmer than soft serve) in several minutes.

Main thing you need to know is that a Vitamix will make a LOT of noise. Especially if you're using it to make hot soup or ice cream, as it'll need to run a while.

That said, home made ice cream is the bomb.

Actually, have you ever used any of the ice cream machines from Cuisinart? They work really well.

Oh and look, Amazon has one on sale for only $66 (normally $140)! Amazon.com: Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker: Kitchen & Dining

I do have an ice cream maker .

See our Ice Cream specific thread from last year: Ice Cream

However, I'm trying to cut down on my ice cream (and fruit) eating. By cut down, I mean completely eliminate so smoothies it will be! . Darcy and I made a smoothie for lunch today that turned out great!

Katy, are you going primal? Was that smoothie you had at lunch a brisket smoothie?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Katy, are you going primal? Was that smoothie you had at lunch a brisket smoothie?
    I am not, no. I'm just eating better . The smoothie had a lot of ingredients but I think it was something like: water, apple, kiwi, kale, lettuce, turmeric root, ginger, watercress and... um. I think that's it. I feel like I'm forgetting something..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0