Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By flitcraft

Thread: "Made in America" becoming popular on Madison Avenue

"Made in America" becoming popular on Madison Avenue

Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Madison avenue is always behind the times, so is the film and all the social network industry.

I have seen the Made in America web site promoted by Darcy, ever since I set eyes on Tom Bihn Inc website, in 05.

Ads agencies try to sell things that are either unhealthy, cheaply made or unnecessary, sometimes all 3,

Everything Tom Bihn Inc sells is very useful, nice looking, made of sustainable fabrics and/or components with fair wage labor. Each item lasts a long time, is versatile as well as pleasing to people with a wide range of taste in colors and forms.

I could literally make a business course on how to create, grow and run a small business just by analyzing Tom Bihn Inc model.

When I visited the store, if I had been smarter, I would have ask questions on what makes the company so great, you know putting my "journalist" cap on.

I just had way too much fun to think about it.
    Last edited by backpack; 02-15-2012 at 09:27 PM.

I value corporate responsibility in the companies that make the things I buy and use, so "made in America" can be a part of that concept. But that assumes that "made in America" also means fair wages and benefits for workers; good working conditions on the job for workers; stewardship for the environment in attention to carbon footprint, sustainability, and minimal environmental degradation; making products that last and are not 'disposable' or designed with 'planned obsolescence,' just to name a few priorities for me. When "made in America" doesn't mean those things, I'm happy to do business with international companies that align more closely with my values.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

As a bagaholic, I support American bag makers!!!
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

I've looked at this thread a couple of times - thinking 'gee I must try and explain how this relates to me on the other side of the planet...'

Flitcraft just did it for me .. :-)
    List under construction ....

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0