Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Laptop feedback

Refurbished Mac Computers - Refurbished Notebooks & Desktop Computers - Apple Store (U.S.)

The Apple Refurb store is your friend!

I have never gotten one there that looked anything but new and they are warrantied too.

The stock changes constantly so if you don't find the one you want keep looking sometimes several times daily

Ed
    Janine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by misterN View Post
    The 15" version does have a pretty high capability for playing games. Downside is--it costs 2 grand. I know that the MBP line got a minor refresh a couple months ago. If you're still sitting on the fence, I would wait until the next refresh to buy. Ivy Bridge should be making its way through the MBP line hopefully.
    For the OP's reference, Ivy Bridge laptops generally are expected to start being sold in the second half of April and beginning of May. Nobody outside of Apple knows if they'll be in on Ivy Bridge immediately with refreshes, but smart money is betting that May is a good estimate for when new Macbook Pros should be released. And some of the smart money is thinking that the refresh will include a new form factor, with most guesses being that it will be something like a Macbook Pro Air with no internal optical drive.

Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    Refurbished Mac Computers - Refurbished Notebooks & Desktop Computers - Apple Store (U.S.)

The Apple Refurb store is your friend!

I have never gotten one there that looked anything but new and they are warrantied too.

The stock changes constantly so if you don't find the one you want keep looking sometimes several times daily

Ed
    Wow. Just saw this article on the same topic.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Thanks AVService, wonderful link!

For older Apples and current devices troubleshooting, the best resource is your local Macintosh Users Group.

Does 3G means the iPad has all the functionality of an iPhone minus the calls but , as in self sustained web browsing?

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post

Does 3G means the iPad has all the functionality of an iPhone minus the calls but , as in self sustained web browsing?
    Backpack, yes the iPad 3G will do this and you can actually turn this function on and off on a monthly basis rather than comitting to a contract as you would with the iPhone.

Powermax (powermax.com) and Small Dog Electronics (smalldog.com) also both offer refurbished Apple products for generally the same prices and you get the same warranty (for the refurbished items.) Powermax will do trade-in for Apple products and sells used Apple products. I have used both as well as have purchased Apple refurbished items from the Apple store. All have provided excellent products which look new and come with new product warrantees. (Used items have a different warrranty).

The iPad 3G data plans vary a bit depending on the carrier - ATT is a more expensive but you get more data. Verizon's plan is reasonable as well. If you have a Verizon smart phone, their tethering plan is $10 less per month for the same amount of data and works well (it's what I use). The tethering plan can be done month to month but is more of a hassle to turn on and off and must be done on the website or in the Verizon store, while the iPad data plan which can be done on the iPad directly.

Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    Powermax (powermax.com) and Small Dog Electronics (smalldog.com) also both offer refurbished Apple products for generally the same prices and you get the same warranty (for the refurbished items.) Powermax will do trade-in for Apple products and sells used Apple products. I have used both as well as have purchased Apple refurbished items from the Apple store. All have provided excellent products which look new and come with new product warrantees. (Used items have a different warrranty).

The iPad 3G data plans vary a bit depending on the carrier - ATT is a more expensive but you get more data. Verizon's plan is reasonable as well. If you have a Verizon smart phone, their tethering plan is $10 less per month for the same amount of data and works well (it's what I use). The tethering plan can be done month to month but is more of a hassle to turn on and off and must be done on the website or in the Verizon store, while the iPad data plan which can be done on the iPad directly.
    I bought my MacBook Pro and my Apple TV from Powermax . They're very nice!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    For the OP's reference, Ivy Bridge laptops generally are expected to start being sold in the second half of April and beginning of May. Nobody outside of Apple knows if they'll be in on Ivy Bridge immediately with refreshes, but smart money is betting that May is a good estimate for when new Macbook Pros should be released. And some of the smart money is thinking that the refresh will include a new form factor, with most guesses being that it will be something like a Macbook Pro Air with no internal optical drive.
    I had not heard much on another refresh to the line. At first I found it surprising since they just updated the MBP but then again I guess it shouldn't be surprising given the rate they churn these things out.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by pretzelb View Post
    I had not heard much on another refresh to the line. At first I found it surprising since they just updated the MBP but then again I guess it shouldn't be surprising given the rate they churn these things out.
    It's been 101 days since the refresh. The average refresh cycle is 267 days, so May would be about right. Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0