Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By backpack
  • 3 Post By GEOcycle
  • 2 Post By Lani

Thread: Why is it that Tom Bihn Blog attracts the coolest people?

Why is it that Tom Bihn Blog attracts the coolest people?

First, a really big Thank You to Darcy and everybody who works on the Blog and the website as well as the forum.
    It is a huge undertaking!

Where do you find all those very cool people using Tom Bihn products?
    ncb4, Lani and TavaPeak like this.

Travel products tend to attract travelers. It is often, in my experience, that travelers love to share their travels and adventures in order to get others to go in their own.

Photography, writing, all ways of finding some way to tell a story!

My guess is that when you have something that helps people do what they love, and that subset of people tends to be a vocal group that loves sharing what they do, all you need to do is give them a medium to tell their stories and then you have everything you've been reading and participating in all this time on the website.

At least that's what my jet lagged mind comes up with this morning. Mmmm ... Coffee.
    ncb4, Jenne and Lani like this.
    Expat living in Japan
    iPad RistrettoAeronautSynapseLg Shop Bag • lots of little accessory pouches - straps - and other goodies!
    FlickrBlog
    Now ... what else do I "need" ...

Quote Originally Posted by GEOcycle View Post
    Travel products tend to attract travelers. It is often, in my experience, that travelers love to share their travels and adventures in order to get others to go in their own.
    GEOcycle got it on the nose, but I also think we have an extra factor or two. I think you're going leaps and bounds past the ordinary traveler who schleps a pile of rolling uprights for every trip by using Tom Bihn travel bags. His bags are all carry-on size, and tend to encourage people to travel lightly with just their TB bag. That also means chances are, they want to stay in hostels, pensions, inns, etc. instead of ritzy 5-star resort hotels when they travel, meaning they likely want to make connections with local people and small businesses and shop owners.

So... I think you wind up with folks who are into adventure travel, independent travel, self-sufficient types, and people who are more open-minded and willing to venture out.
    ncb4 and GEOcycle like this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0