Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Companion Animals

I had a Sibeiran that went blind around the age of 9. She lived until 13, never having any trouble navigating thru the house or our 4 fenced acres. You'd think she might get lost in all that space but she never had any trouble finding her way back to the steps up to the deck to get back in the house. If someone who didn't know her saw her, they'd never guess she was blind.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Reading these stories - makes me grateful for my own ability to see! (AND I still bump into things!)

Badger - where are the corgi-meet-up pictures?
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    Badger - where are the corgi-meet-up pictures?
    The meetup isn't until Saturday, so the pictures have yet to be formed. Sadly, it's like 90 degrees here so I imagine the festivities will be low-key (lest the corgis collapse from overexposure to the sun).

Of course Badger! Hoping for more pictures of the boys in the meantime! Relaxing in cool comfort of course!

As always, I'm happy to oblige:

Thank you! Hector looks like he is patiently waiting for you to put down the camera and give him a cookie....and dear Titus relaxing with his toy.

Hector was PO'd at me because I was sitting on the part of the sofa where he likes to sit. Too bad for you, little dog.

Corgis!

So, there was a meet-up of corgis/corgi owners in the IC area yesterday. I wish more people had shown up, but a couple of people had last-minute conflicts; it also didn't help that it was like 90F.

We loaded the gentlemen into the back of the car.

Everyone played for a while, but as a rule, corgis don't do well in the heat. They were much happier with being on the shelter slab with buckets of water nearby.

Hector managed to find spilled water to sit in.

Titus would like you to know he's not smiling--he was just really hot.

So many things that look alike! I'm sure the other (non-corgi) people at the park were pretty amused.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    As always, I'm happy to oblige:

@Badger I've been wondering about Titus' toy. The profile looks a little like a blue version of Goliath (the claymation dog from Davey and Goliath), or maybe just a stylized Scooby Doo. Is it just a generic dog toy? Any more details?

^ That toy is a rubber purple hippopotamus. I'm not really sure of its provenance because it came to Titus by way of my mother.

A friend and I took litter mates Taos and Jackson (3 year old sammies) and their nieces and nephew Seattle, Zenyatta and Scout (8 months) to the local dog park* Sunday. A lot of people have never seen a Samoyed IRL, and certainly not 5 at once. We heard lots of "wolf pack" comments. A great time was had by all, especially Jackson who spent most of his time in the water.

Name:  JacksonInTheWater.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  64.0 KB
    WhiteStar's Filed of Dreams Shoeless Joe Jackson NA NAJ OA OAJ NF

*We are incredibly lucky to have the amazing Bear Creek Dog Park right here in town. Voted one of the 10 best dog parks in the country, it truly is a doggie paradise of 25 acres of water, hills, rocks and big grassy areas for the dogs to romp in.
    Maria likes this.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

That is a sweet dog park. The pond at our dog park is man-made, and thus it's very manky and gross. We won't let Hector swim in it because he'd get a parasite for sure.

It's funny. No one who witnessed the corgi meetup said anything about a wolf pack. I wonder why?
    Maria likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    ^ That toy is a rubber purple hippopotamus. I'm not really sure of its provenance because it came to Titus by way of my mother.
    With apologies to Flanders & Swann: Mud, mud, glorious mud!

Badger! Thank you for the pictures of the gentlemen! They are such handsome dogs! And personality plus!

WhiteStar - people may have called the group a wolf pack, but they obviously have never seen a pack of wolves with smiles on their faces!

(Makes me want a dog even more, so much so that I'd best get a pack of them to make up for not having a dog in my life now.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3