Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MtnMan
  • 1 Post By dorayme
  • 1 Post By tCook

Thread: Recycling alkaline batteries and CFLs / florescent tubes

Recycling alkaline batteries and CFLs / florescent tubes

Does anyone know where you are supposed to take alkaline batteries for recycling? How about florescent light bulbs (4-foot-long shop tubes and the newer "CFL" compact florescent lamps)? I have asked around repeatedly and nobody can give me an answer.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

We just dropped off our florescent and CFL bulbs last night at Lowes when we picked up some new ones and some LED's. They didn't have a common receptacle. We had to ask the service person and they have a return at the counter.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

My County website has information about specific recycling items, but you've maybe tried that already?

So glad you are taking the effort to recycle the batteries. Here is site where you can enter your zip code & the item, and see some locations. I have some printer cartridges to recycle, and this site told me that a Boy Scout troop collects them. Cool!

Battery Recycling - Earth911.com

I believe IKEA will take batteries and bulbs of all sorts. I also drop off batteries at Office Depot, the Home Depot, and Best Buy.