Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Ice Cream

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    Seattle is a gorgeous place! I've only been out there once and was in awe! I've already bookmarked Molly Moon's on my "Seattle Travel" page and am looking forward to eventually get back out to the city and tour around. Plus make a few pizza stops too! Yum!

On a side note - I highly recommend the TB ultra suede screen cloth! I happened to have the cloth wrapped across the key board of my new MacBook Pro. While sitting nearby (okay, not over the keyboard, about 1 1/2 feet away!) and enjoying a pastry I just picked up on the way home...I happened to inhale a little of the powdered sugar on the top of the pastry...and coughed / chocked and powdered sugar went all over the keyboard. Well, the screen cloth saved it!

Note to self: keep laptop at home when visiting Seattle and enjoying ice cream and pizza. Plus sit at the kitchen table for pastries while at home!
    Yes! Delancey in ballard is supposed to have AMAZING pizza. I still haven't been to Serious Pie . Be careful with those powdered sugar covered pastries! That's happened to me a few times . They're dangerous!

Please put trophy cupcakes on your seattle travel list too .
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Yes! Delancey in ballard is supposed to have AMAZING pizza. I still haven't been to Serious Pie . Be careful with those powdered sugar covered pastries! That's happened to me a few times . They're dangerous!

Please put trophy cupcakes on your seattle travel list too .
    So when I pass through American customs en route to Seattle - and they ask the reason for my trip?..... ice cream, pizza, cup cakes and TB bags! (Not necessarily in that order.) They won't think I'm crazy, they'll just think I'm...unusual?
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    So when I pass through American customs en route to Seattle - and they ask the reason for my trip?..... ice cream, pizza, cup cakes and TB bags! (Not necessarily in that order.) They won't think I'm crazy, they'll just think I'm...unusual?

Don't forget seafood, teriyaki, burgers and hotdogs with cream cheese! .

And I GUESS Beechers Mac & Cheese is okay...
    Last edited by Katy; 09-21-2011 at 10:15 AM.

I saw a recipe for making waffle cones at home, but using a panini press instead. Libby has a panini press and is bringing it with her in December. I'm doomed!

(oops, this was a reply to the waffle cone comments from earlier, but I didn't notice I wasn't at the end and didn't quote it. Disregard, nothing to see here.)

Oh, but for the record, I don't really like Beecher's Mac and Cheese.
    Last edited by tCook; 09-21-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tCook View Post
    I saw a recipe for making waffle cones at home, but using a panini press instead. Libby has a panini press and is bringing it with her in December. I'm doomed!

(oops, this was a reply to the waffle cone comments from earlier, but I didn't notice I wasn't at the end and didn't quote it. Disregard, nothing to see here.)

Oh, but for the record, I don't really like Beecher's Mac and Cheese.
    Are you dragging her to the showroom again?

Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one! Lunchbox Laboratory did a Mac & Cheese Special that had a bunch of different types of cheeses, it..was.. amazing.. beechers who? I think it was called "Everything but the.." It essentially had every cheese they offer on their menu. *sigh*

Thank goodness winter is coming
    Oh, hush you. Although winter does tend to lead to shorter lines at the ice cream shops... Hmm.

Are you dragging her to the showroom again?

Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one! Lunchbox Laboratory did a Mac & Cheese Special that had a bunch of different types of cheeses, it..was.. amazing.. beechers who? I think it was called "Everything but the.." It essentially had every cheese they offer on their menu. *sigh*
    I probably won't drag her to the showroom too often, no. Not sure she's as in to the TB window shopping as I am!

Yeah, Beecher's is pretty ballsy calling it the World's Best and then not impressing the two of us. I mean, we'd *know* if it were even close to being the World's Best, and if neither of us think it is, clearly it is not. I may need to write them a letter.
    Last edited by tCook; 09-21-2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Cymberleah View Post
    Oh, hush you. Although winter does tend to lead to shorter lines at the ice cream shops... Hmm.
    I stand by my statement . I'm beginning to overdose on pumpkin flavored things though. Hopefully molly moon's does a pumpkin spice flavor stat!

Today, I had a pumpkin spiced latte with breakfast, lunch was some pumpkin cream cheese dip with wheat thins. Dinner..may be pumpkin curry.

Quote Originally Posted by tCook View Post
    I probably won't drag her to the showroom too often, no. Not sure she's as in to the TB window shopping as I am!

Yeah, Beecher's is pretty ballsy calling it the World's Best and then not impressing the two of us. I mean, we'd *know* if it were even close to being the World's Best, and if neither of us think it is, clearly it is not. I may need to write them a letter.
    Clearly we are Mac & Cheese experts and they didn't realize it. What is your stance on Piroshky?

Clearly we are Mac & Cheese experts and they didn't realize it. What is your stance on Piroshky?
    You mean the place at the market? I'm not experienced ...

I'll just leave this here:

Luscious Lemon Ice Cream

I'll just leave this here:

Luscious Lemon Ice Cream
    That looks good enough for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or just throughout the entire day!

Did someone say salted caramel ice cream?

Here's what to do with this recipe: make some blondies, but instead of baking them in a 9x13 pan, bake them in two 8x8 pans. Put the ice cream on top of one pan of blondies, and put the other pan of blondies on top of the ice cream layer. Freeze until solid. Best ice cream sandwiches ever. You can gild the lily by slicing the sandwiches up and dipping half of each one into some ganache. Just saying.

Dear Katy ,

Would you pleeeeeeeeze ask Tom to set-up a pre-grand opening before Seattle becomes a Slip and Slide so that we, forum members can indulge in some of Seattle culinary delights.

Hum? I wonder how many of us need to show up at the Bihn showroom / store before we can call Molly Moon's and arrange for the ice cream truck to be there at the same time? The ice cream truck must had e a minimum number of "guarantees" before they will make a special trip?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0