Thread: Spotify

Spotify

I've been using Spotify for almost a week now and I'm officially obsessed. I love it so much that within an hour of having an account I decided to upgrade to Premium. It seems like this would be a very easy way for us to make that Tom Bihn Forum travel playlist .

Is anyone else on Spotify? I would love to hear your playlist suggestions!

More about Spotify
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I hadn't heard of Spotify before this. How does it compare to Pandora?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I'm liking it better than Pandora. Pandora is nice for finding new music as well but is less social. On Pandora you type the artist you like and they generate a playlist of songs they think you might like. On Spotify, the users create the playlists. You can share a playlist with a friend (in fact, I sent Eliam a playlist earlier!). You can also just search for an artist and play ALL of their songs. Hence, I have quite an extensive collection of Edith Piaf to listen to while working .

I signed up for a free account the other day. I like that you can select songs and create your own playlists, which is different than Pandora or Slacker, although I don't stream music through my computer or phone that often - usually I'll just use my dedicated MP3 player. I also check out new music I hear on Sirius before purchasing it online, and this service may be more useful than the short previews available on Amazon or iTunes.

I have been using Rdio.com for the past few months, and just signed up for Spotify to compare. I hear that Spotify's collection is larger than Rdio's. However, as a comparison I tried to build the same playlist on both of them (subjective compliation of the 100 Greatest Alt-Country songs from 1989-1999 from another site I visit) and Rdio had 88 of the songs available, but Spotify only had 82. I will continue to use both for awhile to determine which I like better. Notably missing from both are The Beatles, AC/DC, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin (not that I really miss any of those).
    --------------------------------

I started the TOM BIHN Roadtrip playlist . It's collaborative so if you have an account you can add songs to it .

Roadtrip

Love Spotify and just went premium. One of my favorite playlist is from the British drama series "Luther" which I highly recommend (on Netflix and BBCA)

Luther Soundtrack by Stijn Bokhove on Spotify

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjeep View Post
    Love Spotify and just went premium. One of my favorite playlist is from the British drama series "Luther" which I highly recommend (on Netflix and BBCA)

Luther Soundtrack by Stijn Bokhove on Spotify

Enjoy!
    Awesome! I also added the show to my instant queue on netflix . I'm always looking for a good tv show!

Luther is outstanding... it stays in my Instant Queue, too. Be glad when we get the second series/season.
    As for Spotify, I haven't had as much opportunity to really dig into it, but what I've seen make it a keeper. I use Pandora and Google Music Beta for playlist ideas more than anything.

Right Now:

I. Love. Neko. Case.

Neko Case by Katy SanGregory on Spotify